Suggested Additions

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gregmac

Suggested Additions

Post by gregmac »

I use an app called "beyond pod" to manage my podcasts on my phone. A great feature about this app is "smart playlists" which queues up a specified amount of podcasts from a specified playlist. ie play the 2 newest episodes from the "news" category followed by the 2 newest episodes of sports, followed by 2 newest entertainment..... etc. Mediamonkey could use this same feature by creating a smart playlist like: play 20 songs from playlist "new songs, followed by 20 songs from playlist "favorite songs" etc.
rovingcowboy

Re: Suggested Additions

Post by rovingcowboy »

Mediamonkey has smart playlists on the desktop version basic auto list in the free version ,and advanced autolists in the gold version.
Im not sure but i believe you are or are going to be able to load those autolists in to mma, which will or should make it possible to do this.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yes and no, Auto-Playlists are capable for what you want, but they are handled on MMW (Desktop) side and after Sync they are Static on MMA.

NOTE: You would need to create Multiple Playlists eg. AN than use one playlist that will sync results from other playlists. It is bit touchy, but possible.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

So here's what you'd do:
1) Create an auto-playlist on MMW (Gold) that contains e.g. 20 most recently added tracks
2) Enable the sync option to Delete tracks not on the Sync list

Next time you auto-sync it'll sync the 20 most recently synced tracks, and delete all other media content from folders that are being synced on the device.

Then if you add 7 new tracks to your library and resync
--> 7 tracks from the previous sync will be deleted, 13 will remain on the device, and the 7 newest tracks will be synced

-Rusty