MMA Suggestions for in-car functionality [#9597]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

zombiefly

MMA Suggestions for in-car functionality [#9597]

Post by zombiefly »

There is one problem with android players, they aren't great in cars.

I like what you've done with the swiping of the now playing screen as this makes it very easy to change the track while driving.
I often use random play while in the car and it would be great if there was a way of playing the full album of a track while in shuffle mode.

so, it's shuffling through a playlist, a track comes on that I like and i can press 1 icon / swipe a gesture that causes mm to break out of shuffle, play the entire album the currently playing track belongs to, then return to shuffle. The process to do this manually is beyond safe while driving, it would be amazing if something along these lines could be implemented... Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
jiri

Re: MMA Suggestions for in-car functionality

Post by jiri »

From my point of view, your request for a swipe gesture for this particular command is a little too specific. On the other hand, I agree with the request to implement something like 'Find more from the same...' as in MMW, here: http://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68900 . This would be very close to your request, wouldn't it?

Jiri
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

jiri wrote:From my point of view, your request for a swipe gesture for this particular command is a little too specific. On the other hand, I agree with the request to implement something like 'Find more from the same...' as in MMW, here: http://forum.mediamonkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68900 . This would be very close to your request, wouldn't it?

Jiri
yes, that would be similar. My gesture idea was specific yes, but ideally i envisage a car friendly skin with large controls and one such control would be a button to activate "more of the same" functionality. Obviously this functionality is not car specific as it could be used under normal listening conditions. The only difference is that my idea would break out of shuffle to play the album and then switch back. I like to listen to shuffle play in the car but sometimes feel like listening to an entire album when a certain track grabs my interest.
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

zombiefly wrote:The process to do this manually is beyond safe while driving
In many places merely touching the device is illegal.

I did like the idea of seeing all tracks on Album by touching cover.
rusty

Re: MMA Suggestions for in-car functionality [#9597]

Post by rusty »

I specced 'find more from same' functionality at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=9597 (playback mode design for in car use).

-Rusty
zombiefly

Re: MMA Suggestions for in-car functionality [#9597]

Post by zombiefly »

nice, i like the swipe with the 4 options in easy reach!