Select sync server: <no devices found> [#10164]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jkawecki

Re: Select sync server: <no devices found> [#10164]

Post by jkawecki »

Re:
Both are old versions. MMW is at build 1610 and MMA is at build 0075.
I have installed the latest versions but still get "no devices found" when attempting to sync. Driving me nuts!
jkawecki

Post by jkawecki »

I have done a clean install of the new versions but still get the same problem "no devices found" - any ideas?
jkawecki

Post by jkawecki »

I have installed the latest versions and now when I try and sync my S3 shows "searching" but no mm server is found and it asks me to download the latest MM to my PC. I can see MM is enabled in my firewall and the S3 is shown as connected through the wireless router so I do not know where the problem lies. Any ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you upgrade MMW to 1613 and MMA to 0080?
jkawecki

Post by jkawecki »

Yep - I have managed to sync via usb so that will do for now thanks. I'll wait for the full blown app when it is ready - thanks for your help
mcow

Post by mcow »

MMW 1614, MMA 80, with a completely new Android installation

I see a slightly longer timeout and the word "searching" instead of "no devices found" but the behavior's not much better.

Searching for sync server took several attempts but finally did locate the server. During the "analyzing list" portion, MMW was taking 95% CPU (dual-core 2.5GHz machine) for a couple minutes, with only about ten albums selected for sync. Now it's actually synching, which includes FLAC->MP3 conversion, which makes more sense that it'd take 95% CPU.

First try searching for UPnP servers located the NAS but not MMW, then suddenly reverted to no entries and "Searching..." It seemed the timeout here was quite a bit longer than earlier builds.
mcow

Post by mcow »

MMW 1615, MMA 87, I'm getting the same unreliable server search, whether looking for a sync server or a UPnP server. I just tried this, and after failure, hit the "send debug log" option, and it said logs have been uploaded.
mcow

Post by mcow »

I installed MMW 1616 this morning, and my first attempt at finding a sync server with MMA 87 succeeded immediately.
Searching for UPnP servers, again, all available servers were immediately populated.

But since one of those servers, the Synology NAS, has nothing to do with MMW, I'm thinking there might be another reason for the improved discovery. Specifically, the entire computer system was powered down last night, including the modem/router and the NAS.