About MediaMonkey for Android

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

Re: About MediaMonkey for Android

Post by mcow »

Feel free to contribute whatever you think is useful on the MediaMonkey wiki.

A good starting point is here. I think there should be a link to that Android page on the main wiki page, but I don't see how to cleanly fit it in the existing format.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

mcow ... and THAT is a great idea. I have saved the link and will look at making some very preliminary help.

But it would be nice to have something on the phone available also. I know that 'help' of this style is going out of favour .. the thought being that 'cloud based help' is much more current. But let's face it help really doesn't get updated that frequently AND it could be updated with each release. But again I know this isn't in style :)

Thanks for that
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Ralph Turner

Post by Ralph Turner »

Have a Nexus 10 tablet running Android 4.3 OS. Downloaded MMA Beta 1.0.4.0156. Have MMW 4.1 running on Win 7. Synced OK, transferred a mixture of MP3 and WMA files. MP3s played fine. WMAs would not play, get 'Unsupported format' Error message, WMAs play fine using a different Android player.
Peke

Post by Peke »

re WMA: MMA only support Natively supported formats, and WMA is mostly unsupported.

For example My nexus 7 do not play XviD in MMA but my LG L5 plays it due the native support. Additional codecs and support is planed for future versions.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I am considering buying a Nook HD+ and I've found a MM app. Does anyone have a Nook and can MM work by only using an sd card?

Is it as simple as downloading the app, inserting an sd card and MM will use that location for playing music? Will MM "read" any playlists on the card?

Haven't found anything on this yet but I'm still looking.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not sure about the Nook, but on Android you can use either local, external or both storages.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Lowlander wrote:Not sure about the Nook, but on Android you can use either local, external or both storages.
So, does that mean if I connect my external hard drive with a portable installation of MM, I can run MM from the Nook? Will it see all my playlists or will I have to import the playlists to MMA on the Nook and it will use the files on the external? Will this mess up MM on the external?

It's a big purchase and I'm trying to get as much answered beforehand.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMW won't run on Android (it's Windows only). You need MMA which is a separate program, with a separate database.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I don't think I explained.

If I get a Nook, which is Android, and I install the Media Monkey app on the Nook;

1. Will the MM app be able to read/use the music files on the external hard drive?
2. If I insert a micro card, will the app read and play those files as well?
3. Will I be able to use m3u playlists? Or will I have to create playlists on the Nook using MM app?

I'm hoping someone has tried this specifically on a Nook or at least on another android tablet and have used the MM App.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Don't know about external drive, MMA on my Android is able to read an external USB drive
2) MMA can handle inserted SD cards
3) MMA should read M3U Playlists
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Lowlander, thanks again for your knowledge and insight.

I decided to get answers myself and tried a Nook. After installing the MM app and inserting a micro card, I tried to muddle my way thru. I was able to get the Nook to read the card that only had 700+ tracks...no folders, no playlists, just tracks. No problem being able to use the app to see Artists, Albums, Tracks, etc. I couldn't figure out how to create a playlist with the tracks, but maybe you can't. I need to research.

I unmounted the card and inserted another and went thru the same process to see how easy the process would be. The app spun for over 10 minutes and the original tracks were always visible under Tracks, Albums, Artists, etc. Every few minutes I got an error message that Media Monkey had stopped working. Unmounted, same process, app spun for another 10 minutes. So, I don't know if it's the app or the Nook.

My hope was that I could use numerous micro cards to listen to music and that when I put in a new card, MM would read new card and reset. And I hoped to use playlists that I had on the cards, but couldn't get another card to work.

I don't know if this information needs to go somewhere else because I don't know if it's the app or the Nook.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA use the Android Media library system and depends on it to refresh when new content is added outside of a MMA wifi sync. This process can be slow. I believe the next MMA will have a force rescan option. I also believe you can circumvent the library by using Folders to navigate to your files.

As for Playlists, anytime you see a list of files you can select them (long press on file, then select applicable files) and then add to Playlist (use Playlist button).
Optififfi

Post by Optififfi »

I want to get rid of the annoying expiry messages. It's not funny being outdoors listening when MM expires. Please place a paid beta in the play store - payment should be valid for the final version, though.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Optififfi wrote:I want to get rid of the annoying expiry messages. It's not funny being outdoors listening when MM expires. Please place a paid beta in the play store - payment should be valid for the final version, though.
see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 16#p381016
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
kjegou

Post by kjegou »

MMA is simply amazing.
Since i have discovered i simply gave up my iphone and turned to an Android phone with MMA being 90% of the use of my phone !!

I am an old user of MMW, mainly to qualify songs, get album art and rate it. MMA would be fantastic if there was:
1.a possibility to download and tag automatically a song with an album art (like the "getting album art from the web from the MMW version) but i recognise : not easy to do on Android UI.
2. More properties that can be edited on the phone that the obvious ones. Comments, see playcount, see last playdate...
3. i d lke to "flag" songs to rework some properties "later" (in MMW!!) such as getting a better album art, change spelling of title..themore i can do on MMA the less i have to do on windows.
4. The rewind/fast forward cursor deserves better treatment: it is quite tough to get it to work on first move because 50% of times my finger lands on the "song title" and moves to next song.

that is it for now.

Again: amazing work guys, keep going !