BROKEN - New Notification Look

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jaroclay

BROKEN - New Notification Look

Post by jaroclay »

I wish to add my vote of approval of the new notification look. Great job and keep up the fantastic work!

PROBLEM: Since the 11/6 update, the new notification look has reverted back to the previous look. I have tried uninstalling MMA and its folders and reinstalling but no go. Any ideas on how I can get the new look back?

After uninstalling everything MMA related - inclusive of MMA Pro, I installed the latest Beta version of MMA only - no MMA Pro - and for some reason am seeing the older behavior. I had posted an issue of the Always on Screen not showing what song is playing - this was fixed with the Beta version. Now that problem is back, too. Ugh...

There must be a setting or file I am missing. HELP!!!

Hardware: Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android v 8.0.0, Samsung Experience v 9.0
MMA Version: 1.3.3.0833
Peke

Re: BROKEN - New Notification Look

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please make screenshots as I'm not being able to replicate change you are referring too?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Hello,

I love the S Pen on my Note 8. I have a screenshot of my notifications with MMA running. The link Dropbox provided would not let me show as an image, but you can click on the link to view the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohb0rzmj0rulq ... 8.jpg?dl=0

I wanted to add that I am seeing the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (Android v8.0.0) - was working fine and updated MMA last night and the notifications reverted back like my phone did. Odd as my tablet never experienced the issues I had on my phone.

Thanks for getting back to me - I appreciate it!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I use latest Nightly Build and both lock screen and Notification works on my Moto X4. Am I missing something?
Best regards,
Peke
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Perhaps it was a fluke but after I installed the beta release the first time, the notification screen did not look like this. Since it is no longer appearing this way I cannot show you what I mean. Basically, it showed the album on opposite side and the color of the notification area was the color of the album cover. To view the player controls, you clicked a down arrow at the top of the notification panel.

Off the top of my head, Samsung Music and Pulsar exhibits this type of notification behavior. There is a post in this MMA Beta thread that supports what I saw - comments supporting the new look of the MMA notification.

I cannot recall what beta version I installed first. All I know is it vanished when MMA was updated to the build mentioned in my initial post.

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your support.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Ok, if you find anything more I'll be glad to help.
Best regards,
Peke
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Okay, what caused this to happen? Or was it a feature that was removed? Or was I imagining things? :lol:

Seriously, I am trying to understand what happened. Thanks.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I saw it too in a single build and I think it might have been the default system playback notification.

To confirm:
  • Tap the three dot menu
  • About MediaMonkey
  • Tap the MediaMonkey logo to get the developer options
  • Enable 'Use system playback notification'
Next time you play something, is the notification the same style that you saw previously?
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Oh my goodness, it was that simple. Thanks for the information, rivorson! So, it must have been enabled for one build then disabled after that. Wow, I never know about the secret options by clicking the MM logo. Not that the default MMA notification is bad, I prefer the default system look as it fits in better with the rest of my notifications. No worries and the Beta's have fixed a couple other issues I was having so MMA is working like a champ again for me!

Problem resolved and many thanks to all who replied to my plight. :)
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, it's a feature that we plan to include in 1.3.4--we just didn't want to risk additional regressions without testing the change further so we left it as a dev option for now.

-Rusty
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

rusty wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 am fyi, it's a feature that we plan to include in 1.3.4--we just didn't want to risk additional regressions without testing the change further so we left it as a dev option for now.

-Rusty
Thanks for the heads up and the info, Rusty, as I appreciate your time to do so. No worries and your reasoning makes perfect sense.