Playlist don't appear in the browser

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Happyamos

Playlist don't appear in the browser

Post by Happyamos »

I have a couple .m3u playlists on my dlna server, ut they don't appear in the Media Monkey browser. For testing purposes, I downloaded them to my phone in the music folder, but they still don't appear under Playlists.

Any thoughts? The file names are short, "5star.m3u" and "4star.m3u". No special characters in the file names.

Thank you for your assistance,

H.A.
Peke

Re: Playlist don't appear in the browser

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Most likely paths to files in playlist do not corespondent to actual path to file on phone and thus you do not see them as they are empty (No files in list is found on list location)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Happyamos wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 pmI have a couple .m3u playlists on my dlna server, ut they don't appear in the MediaMonkey browsr.
Are you saying they aren't seen through UPnP in MMA? Do other DLNA clients see these Playlists (make sure the DLNA server actually serves them to the clients).
Happyamos

Post by Happyamos »

Ok. They are showing up now, but I didn't do anything. I checked again today and they are there now, no idea what was going on, I do have a large library of music, perhaps it was still indexing while I was looking for the playlists?

I do still have one issue, and that is none of my photos show up. I do have a lot of photos, broken up into smaller folders by year. When I click on the year folders they come up empty.

As to the other question you asked, other dlna clients load just fine, with the exception of the media player on the ps4 which has never been able to find our playlists for some reason. Although they are working on MM now, I will still check the paths and make sure it's correct.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't support photos.
Happyamos

Post by Happyamos »

That would explain it! :lol: