DTS Play-Fi Implementation of DLNA

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dwkrzyz

DTS Play-Fi Implementation of DLNA

Post by dwkrzyz »

I originally posted under general MMW help, maybe I'll have better luck here. I have tried AudioCast and Chromecast Audio(CCA) as digital media renderers(DMR). I am currently working with DTS Play-Fi. The goal is to use MMW as the digital media player/controller and play my collection to a whole home audio solution. Play-Fi works without a flaw when MMW is set to the Internal Player and Play-Fi is set to All Audio Sources. This, of course, has the drawback of passing system sounds and any annoying ad on the web thru to my stereo. In this regard, MMW(v4) thru the BubbleUPnP transcoder to CCA was superior because it isolated the MM stream from other system sounds. Unfortunately, Google's CCAs go AWOL every other time an update to Chrome or the CCAs comes down from the net. The result is I'm without a system for a week or so. Hence, the decision to use Play-Fi as my go-to system.

All of the above are UPnP/DLNA implementations (albeit DLNA is a very loose standard). So, there are problems. e.g. When I try to pass MMW v4 (with or without BubbleUPnP) to a specific speaker on Play-Fi I get 5-6 seconds of music, then it stops, and another (seemingly random) song starts, repeat. DTS/Phorus support is working on this and promises an update "in a few weeks". OK... But, until then, if anyone has insight or experience to share... please do.

Additionally, of possible interest to the MMW (version 5) developers, I loaded MM5 Beta and repeated the above. The result was promising. Using MM5 songs went to completion. However, the MM player display was still skipping around every 5-6 seconds and it was a 50/50 proposition whether the DMR would continue in the queue. No fatals anywhere just random results. If there is any specific combination you would like me to try, I'd be happy to pass along logs or whatever.
Thanks.