Problem Sharing Library UPNP [#14904]

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

BALVIZ

Problem Sharing Library UPNP [#14904]

Post by BALVIZ »

Hi to everybody,
I'm a noob so I will try to explain the problem I have.
I have MM 4.1.20.1864 Gold lifetime licence with Windows 10 pro. My library has almost 81000 files and works very well on my computer. This computer is the MM SERVER. I enabled UPNP sharing for the LIBRARY and the SERVER
I am trying to use a Portable PC running Windows 10 Family as MM CLIENT.
My problem is that in the MM CLIENT I see only 1683 of my 81000 files of my library. The path in MM CLIENT is : http://192.168.1.48:62559/%5CMusic%5CAl ... =85385.mp3

I have tried for 2 days to get access to to all the files of my LIBRARY but no way.

I will appreciate any help
Thanks to all
Lowlander

Re: Problem Sharing Library UPNP

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you share all the content you want in the the Media Server settings of the Server. You may not have done this.
BALVIZ

Post by BALVIZ »

Thanks for you help Lowlander. I looked the media settings for the Library servers sharing. All choices where ENABLED. Following your advice I decided to DISABLE ALL the choices, keeping ENABLED only the MUSIC choice.

Now my client is looking for the files for the LIBRARY and for the moment it counts 9000 files which is more than the 1683 I had in the beginning.

Search is very slow but the counter is growing. I will inform you when the process is finished.

Thank you very much
BALVIZ

Post by BALVIZ »

My client took 10 hours to identify the 81000 music files of the library on the server with a WIFI connection. I have made some tests and I can hear the files but the delay to change between files is 2 seconds long, and that is too long!
Thanks again for you help Lowlander
Peke

Re: Problem Sharing Library UPNP [#14904]

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts