Tracks from several albums appear when selecting just one

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

richardgjones

Tracks from several albums appear when selecting just one

Post by richardgjones »

I'm using MM to serve PCM wav files to Roku Soundbridge(s). All seems to work okay, tracks play etc, playlists recognised etc.
The one oddity I have is that sometimes if I go to artists on the Soundbridge and select a single album I get tracks from similar names albums in the returned list.
Sometimes it's kind of understandable for example if I go to Pink Floyd and then The Dark Side of the Moon, I'll end up with all versions of it on the server even though the album name is different.
More strange though if I go ABBA and select 'The Visitors' it returns both tracks from 'The Visitors' and 'The Album' (The Album tacks are shown first).
On the PC application all albums are listed separately. What am I doing wrong or is it a known issue?
Thanks
Richard
Last edited by richardgjones on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
richardgjones

Re: Tracks from several albums appear when selecting just on

Post by richardgjones »

Ah, it seems as though any album with 'The' in the title somewhere causes this oddity.
Just selected Radiohead's 'The Bends' and the tracks returned include those from 'Hail to the Thief', 'The Bends' and 'The King of Limbs'.
Anyway to make it just list tracks from the selected album?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
richardgjones

Post by richardgjones »

On Windows 10 64bit PC
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you browsing Music > Artist > Album, if so is it Artist, Album Artist or Artist & Album Artist?
richardgjones

Post by richardgjones »

Thanks for your assistance so far. Yes, when selecting on the Soundbridge I normally go Artist then it lists that Artists Albums. Not sure if the Roku Soundbridge lists via Artist or Album Artist but I fill both Tags with the same info (checked by adding both columns in MM application and double checking).
Just tried searching via Album first. Selecting either of the ABBA ones mentioned before just lists tracks from the correct album but selecting any of The Dark Side of The Moon versions still brings up several albums worth each time. They are Listed as The Dark Side of The Moon; The Dark Side of The Moon (early version 1972), The Dark Side of The Moon (Live 1974) etc etc (ripped from the Immersion multi disc set).
Hope info helps.
Thanks again
Richard
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
richardgjones

Post by richardgjones »

Have installed the debug version and Debug view and will post the generated log file as requested.
Thanks, Richard