Basics needed - for MM and WLAN/UPnP/DNLA

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

tofix67

Basics needed - for MM and WLAN/UPnP/DNLA

Post by tofix67 »

Hi MM-world

I'm using MM since a view month on my old Vista computer. All my CDs are ripped to *.flac, stored to an (external)USB-HD.
MM is my music organizer only for playing it via optical digital output to an external D/A converter, which is connected to my HiFi equipment.
In a view month I will get a new apartment. Therefore I will renew my more than 25 years old audio devices.
I've red many things about WLAN, DLNA or UPnP over the last weeks, but now I'm totally confused. :cry:

My idea:
The *.flac music files are stored on a WLAN-harddisk. I want to use an Android device with Mediamonkey, which uses that cordless storage device as source for it's database.
As an alternative to an Android device it could be an Windows tablet (ASUS T100...) also.

The files should be send to the HiFi system with a Blutooth-, DLNA- or UPnP-Server.

Does this is will work?
Do I have basically a false idea?

Please help :roll: give me your tipps :P

Thanks
Tom from Austria
TOM from Austria ...
Lowlander

Re: Basics needed - for MM and WLAN/UPnP/DNLA

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, this can work.

MMW (MediaMonkey for Windows) accesses the WLAN Disc via its File Server. Then you enable the Media Server in MediaMonkey so other DLNA/UPnP (both same thing) devices can access your shared media.

Then on your Android or Windows device you need a DLNA App that can control (like BubbleUPnP). It will allow you to select a DLNA Server (MMW) and a DLNA client (whichever hardware you choose).