A device is attempting to access the MediaMonkey library

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jcgless

A device is attempting to access the MediaMonkey library

Post by jcgless »

I recently installed MediaMonkey and used it to format some songs. After this, I locked my computer and left for 4 hours. When I came back, I saw the message "A device [MAC address XXXXX] is attempting to access the MediaMonkey library".

The device in question is not mine, but belongs to a member of the household (it is an Android-based Note 2). The MAC address matches her phone, but she did not take any action to connect to this program or my computer. She does not have this program installed on her phone.

What is going on with this message? Why am I seeing this?
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
rovingcowboy

Re: A device is attempting to access the MediaMonkey library

Post by rovingcowboy »

My guess is that you had her phone set up on the system for another program and mm seen the device settings or the other program seen mm's database and tried to allow the device to get the mm database information.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jcgless

Post by jcgless »

Wow, is MM really that aggressive in its sharing options? My assumption is that MM is just being overzealous in trying to share my music, without my permission.

I actually recently reset my computer to factory specs (about a week ago) and have made very few changes to any sharing/networking settings since that time. I am quite certain I have not added her phone's information to my computer since that reset, so there is no plausible explanation for her phone's MAC address being on my system.

Is it possible that MM itself proactively reached out to another device connected to the WiFi network at random?

I find this behavior from the software rather bizarre.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jcgless wrote:Wow, is MM really that aggressive in its sharing options? My assumption is that MM is just being overzealous in trying to share my music, without my permission.

I actually recently reset my computer to factory specs (about a week ago) and have made very few changes to any sharing/networking settings since that time. I am quite certain I have not added her phone's information to my computer since that reset, so there is no plausible explanation for her phone's MAC address being on my system.

Is it possible that MM itself proactively reached out to another device connected to the WiFi network at random?

I find this behavior from the software rather bizarre.
No, MM is the server. All it does is announce its presence on the network, but a device must actively seek it out. The person in your house would not need to have MediaMonkey on their phone to connect to MM, it could be any app with UPnP connectivity.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jcgless

Post by jcgless »

Interesting, thank you!

I still don't get it, but it sounds like her confusion was justified.