DLNA to Netgear WN3500RP WiFi Extender

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

cbm

DLNA to Netgear WN3500RP WiFi Extender

Post by cbm »

Has anyone successfully gone WiFi from MM to a Netgear WN3500RP WiFi extender through a wireless router? I cannot get to work. It is as if the WN3500RP does not recognize MM. Itunes and internet access work over it. I enable the default MM library. Do I also need add a MM Server (I tried but did not help.)? I do not see the WN3500RP comre up in either the Library or Server tables. I am using FLAC. I have tried Auto Configuration for just audio FLAC by enabling file and audio settings. Any further suggestions?
Thanks
dtsig

Re: DLNA to Netgear WN3500RP WiFi Extender

Post by dtsig »

I have found working through an extender to be very problematic. I had mentioned this before here and to support but i don't believe there was ever a solution found. I got a much better wifi routine (Scotty .. i need more power) and that has taken care of the problem :)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As it's a client you shouldn't see it as server. It should be available when you right click on Player and select Choose Player if it allows to be remotely controlled.
cbm

Post by cbm »

Interesting. I had not tried going into Player before. It recognizes it and now plays through it but plays erratically. Also then will not play on the computer itself or on a USB DAC connected to it. Can this not be simultaneous?
Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, you can only play on one source with MediaMonkey. Capture a debug log (step 4b) if you have playback issues and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69
cbm

Post by cbm »

Thanks very much to all. Got it to work. Saw no where in instructions, and no mention fro MM technical support, about needing go into Player settings. Maybe I missed it. I am shocked cannot DLNA and stream on computer at same time. That is one thing ITunes does well, and even JRiver can handle (albeit not as well) for free! This is important feature for me.
Peke

Post by Peke »

This is something planned for future versions.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts