Cannot see MM Media Server on PS3 and Samsung 8000 Series

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

snowleopard

Cannot see MM Media Server on PS3 and Samsung 8000 Series

Post by snowleopard »

I am not able to see my Media Monkey DLNA server on either my PS3 or my Samsung 8000 series Smart TV. I looked at the stickies in this forum, configured MM correctly, and nothing :-(

Both devices are latest firmware/software.

However both devices see the Windows Media Player Media Servers fine.
Lowlander

Re: Cannot see MM Media Server on PS3 and Samsung 8000 Serie

Post by Lowlander »

Did you allow MediaMonkey access to the network in you security software? Is MediaMonkey on the same network as those devices (no multiple NICs in PC with MM)?
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

HI Lowlander, I ended up figuring out what happened.... further research found that Microsoft did not update media sharing for Server 2012 and apparently they are not going to.

They are moving to some sort of cloud based IIS server moving forward. (I guess if you have any new version of Windows Server, Microsoft wants media to be on a cloud inside your network and not to share/stream content right off of the server.)

I setup media sharing on a Windows 7 PC and it showed up like it should. This is going to stink.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

FYI a little history snowleopard.
microsoft did not want to make vista, and was really not wanting to make xp. they wanted to and still do want to make us use their software over the web and pay them to use office but not beable to run it offline, and they are working to get everyone forced to use the computers the way they want us too. Cloud is just the name for the word balloon used on paper to write online or internet or web, in when talking about storage and over internet program share's so they got the idea to call it Cloud making everyone think of something new and keep it sounding fun and useful, so as to get us use to what they want which is to control our lifes in making us pay for something we don't get to keep, and can only use when we pay them to login to their servers they call cloud.

i for one won't do that i'll go offline completely if i have too. and these will be used for doorstops or boat anchors. i don't have to live the way they want me too i got my own idea of how to live.

but that is what ms is working towards. that is why you see all the interconnected devices and the total house controls some day everything will be locked and unlocked when they want you to do something and you better be in the house when they want you there or you'll get locked out, and then go to jail for not being in their control, then and only then will people realize it's too late, some big corp or the gov. or both is running their life's.
its big brother only more like big mob... 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So, does WMP on server 2012 also fails to share? I understood from the first post that it did work.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

Lowlander wrote:So, does WMP on server 2012 also fail to share? I understood from the first post that it did work.
Nope, With Server 2012, media sharing is gone. Microsoft wants people running media servers to move to a custom IIS cloud server( Not that you buy a cloud from them), but that you have an IIS cloud setup on your network and all devices on your network access media through your cloud server.

After my OP, I started googling "Windows Server 2012 media sharing" and that is how I found out.

If there is an open source solution that runs on windows, I guess that will be my only work around for the microsoft goof.(I am not moving to Linux)