DLNA - FLACs (Wavs) not showing up on Sony BDPS570

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

artwwweb

DLNA - FLACs (Wavs) not showing up on Sony BDPS570

Post by artwwweb »

I’m really pleased with MM’s new DLNA feature but I can’t get FLACs streaming (via transcoding to Wav) to my Sony BDPS570 Blu-Ray.

I have set the transcode option for all incompatible files to be Wav, but they do not show up on the blu-ray.
I also tried setting individual transcodes for my FLACs (and oggs), but that did not work either.

Here’s what does work:
Native mp3s play fine.
If I set the transcode option to make all incompatible files into mp3s, the converted FLACs play fine.

I have previously used Serviio, and that transcodes my FLACS to LPCM and they play fine.

So, MM can serve up the files, and the blu-ray can usually see them, except that it can’t see Wavs created by MM. I’ve tried serving a native Wav via MM and that is not found either.

I know other people are playing FLACs OK, so it’s more likely to be a problem with the blu-ray, but maybe I have set something wrong, which makes the Wavs incompatible with my blu-ray. The fact that it plays the LPCM from Serviio means that it can play Wavs from other sources. (I’m assuming that LPCM and Wav basically mean the same thing, but that might be where I’m going wrong.)

Any suggestions, especially if you are streaming FLACs to a BDP 570 or similar, gratefully received.
Kbar52

Re: DLNA - FLACs (Wavs) not showing up on Sony BDPS570

Post by Kbar52 »

I'm using MM as a render (er) to a sony s580 using wav files.. at least when the sony wants to. Cnet's review pointed out some problems with it's networking abilities and I tend to blame the sony instead of MM. I have read elswhere that using cbr mp3 files with the 580 is more reliable.
My current problem is getting the damn thing to not stop after each song. We may have to wait for the next generation....
Lowlander

Re: DLNA - FLACs (Wavs) not showing up on Sony BDPS570

Post by Lowlander »

Try testing DLNA Clients with other DLNA Servers. If same errors occur with other DLNA Servers it probably is a bug in the DLNA Client. However if only MediaMonkey exhibits this problem you should create a debug log (step 4b) and submit it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69