MM V4 to PS3?

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

mrichards472

MM V4 to PS3?

Post by mrichards472 »

I have been trying to get MM v4 to play through my PS3 that is hooked up to my home theater system. I am hoping to be able to stream flac as well as mp3 files through the PS3. Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: MM V4 to PS3?

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think the PS3 supports FLAC, but you'll have to read the PS3 manual. If it doesn't you'll need to setup conversion rules like FLAC to MP3.
torrid

Post by torrid »

Lowlander wrote:I don't think the PS3 supports FLAC, but you'll have to read the PS3 manual. If it doesn't you'll need to setup conversion rules like FLAC to MP3.
This is true, the PS3 does not support FLAC files. I've used TVersity for many years to convert and stream these files. Now would like to use MM4 as my primary streaming server. Even without the CODEC pack installed it seems to stream video for me. But, I can't seem to find the settings to allow MM4 to convert the FLAC files to WAV format. (WAV of course is lossless and the conversion results in the same bits as on the CD itself.)

How do I set up conversion rules for FLAC files?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Under Tools > Options > Media Servers configure your Media Server and on the Auto-Conversion tab you can set what formats are compatible with your UPnP clients and then set conversion rules like Incompatible > WAV or FLAC > WAV.