Auto play list changes, disturbing UPnP device

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

outage

Auto play list changes, disturbing UPnP device

Post by outage »

Hello,

I have tried two UPnP devices with MM4. While it seems to work great, there is a problem with auto play list.

I would like an auto play list thats play my songs sorted by "last date played".

It seems that my UPnP devices play:
- first song of the auto play list
- second song of the auto play list
etc.

The problem is that the auto play list changes any time a song is played.

First the first song is played => OK.
Then the second song is played. Because the auto play list got refreshed, this is not the third song of the original list.

It would be nice, when the auto play lists would not automatically refresh this often. Maybe they could refresh once per day, or when (manually) clicked again.

Stefan
Lowlander

Re: Auto play list changes, disturbing UPnP device

Post by Lowlander »

There might be a bug so send a debug log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

But, yeah, AutoPlaylists are designed to be refreshed each time they're requested.
outage

UPnP issue with auto play lists sorted by "last played"

Post by outage »

Create an auto play list with 9 tracks, sorted by song#.
Play the list one time (track1, track2, ..., track9).
Change the ordering to "last played" ascending. This keeps the current order unchanged.
Play the list again. My Philips NP2500 now plays these songs:
- track 1 (this is the 1. song in the MM4 auto play list: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)
- track 3 (this is the 2. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1)
- track 5 (this is the 3. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,3)
- track 7 (this is the 4. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,6,7,8,9,1,3,5)
- track 9 (this is the 5. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,6,8,9,1,3,5,7)
- track 3 (this is the 6. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,6,8,1,3,5,7,9)
- track 7 (this is the 7. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,6,8,1,5,7,9,3)
- track 3 (this is the 8. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,6,8,1,5,9,3,7)
- track 3 (this is the 9. song in the MM4 auto play list now: 2,4,6,8,1,5,9,7,3)

Similar problem seems to occur with Yamaha RX-V2067 receiver.

It looks like the client only specifies the list and the position.

Other face of the problem: Clicking an item on the UPnP client jumps to different song.

Ordering be "last played" is my favorite ordering scheme.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic