Denon can't see MM service unless MM app is running

Get answers about how to share with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

normmacneil

Denon can't see MM service unless MM app is running

Post by normmacneil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Win7 PC running MM 4.1.24.1883; media library is a Synology NAS (although I think this is irrelevant); MM Service is installed & running (labelled "MM Server"); Tools -> Library -> Media Sharing is On and automatically accepts any connections from any internal network IP.
Denon AVR-S710W receiver connected HDMI to TV (so I can see the Denon menus, etc.)
Everything is wired, not wireless, same network.

On the receiver, I go to Online Music -> Media Servers... the "MM Server" is not listed.
I start MM application on the PC, suddenly the "MM Server" is listed as a media server on the TV/Denon receiver. Everything works fine (I can see playlists, play music, no problems).
The MM service is still showing "Running" on the PC.
If I stop the MM Application, the "MM Server" disappears from the media server listing on the TV/Denon.

Am I missing something? I thought the MM service would allow me to access the library even when the application is not running in the foreground.

Lowlander

Re: Denon can't see MM service unless MM app is running

Post by Lowlander » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:07 pm

Did you install the service as the same Windows User as the one running MediaMonkey? This is necessary as MediaMonkey settings are per Windows User.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)