Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

billywizz

Post by billywizz »

I installed this with an older version of minilyrics that i had on my pc . Everything worked fine but minilyrics wouldnt save to mp3 tag so I downloaded the latest version of minilyrics. Now I cant get the script to work. Minilyrics starts up Ok - saves to tags OK- but the script wont work properly and just shows an empty embedded box , the minilyrics window doesnt show either so I dont get to see any lyrics when the track is playing.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hmm, let's make sure I understand this correctly.
(Latest MiniLyrics version is 4.3.2195)
Minilyrics starts up Ok - saves to tags OK- but the script wont work properly and just shows an empty embedded box , the minilyrics window doesnt show either so I dont get to see any lyrics when the track is playing.
Do you mean that MiniLyrics starts up and its window is visible, but isn't embedded in MediaMonkey? And the embedder panel is present, but is empty (doesn't contain the lyrics window)?

Or do you mean that MiniLyrics starts up (as you can see from its system tray icon) but that the window isn't visible separately nor embedded in MediaMonkey?
If this is the case: what other panels (non-default) are installed? Did you do something strange to MM's layout?

So you didn't change anything to MediaMonkey; you just updated MiniLyrics?

Thanks in advance
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

Hi Steegy

Yes minilyrics starts up Ok - I can see its window as MM starts up. When MM finishes starting up the embedded lyrics window is visible but empty. and the minilyrics windows is not visible anymore either Its gone from the desktop !!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Did you see the edited message?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

BTW I have the lyricsPanel script also installed but not active, plus a few others also
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Does it happen also is only MediaMonkey (and MiniLyrics) is running, so no Winamp or other applications?

Is the MiniLyrics window embedded somewhere else? Does this still happen after restarting MediaMonkey or even after restarting your computer?

Anyway, this is a strange thing. Updating MiniLyrics shouldn't change anything to the embedding process. Only updating MediaMonkey would be a possible problem... I thought.
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

Steegy

I'll try minilyrics with winamp to see how that works and then try a reboot.

It happens every time at the moment when restarting MM

Thanks for your replies . Ill post back when I tested it out further
billywizz

Post by billywizz »

Tried the latest minilyrics with winamp and it works fine. Due to problems with other scripts have had to reinstall MM from scratch (VERY annoyaing and time consuming) Tried again with a fresh install of this script and it still wont work.
Blank embedded panel . No lyrics- minilyrics own panel not visible either.
I'm stuck now so unless anyone can offer a suggestion Im going to have to uninstall this script. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Just checking the little .exe is in scripts\auto

I just installed this script last night and got an empty embedded window because I forgot to put MiniLyrics Embedder Console.exe in

PS, this really is a great script, I doubt I would have used minilyrics if it wasn't embedded
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Haven't decided what to do with the lyrics yet.
Atm I'm just linking from minilyrics\download to the song

I can't see anything in the properties of songs that I have downloaded lyrics for so I'm guessing that only MiniLyrics knows about the connection?

Then the only way to search for lyrics in MM is to add them to the tag?

Most of my files are wma which don't support lyrics in the tag?
(I tried one or two and mini lyrics said they weren't mp3s)

So maybe that leaves only in the song directory and I would need a script to find songs with lyrics in MM?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

For MediaMonkey to reflect additions of lyrics in the MP3 files, either FileMonitor must active for that song (that folder) or you have to rescan that song.
FileMonitor does a fine job for me. It immediately updates MM's lyrics entry with the one that MiniLyrics downloaded.
You can set up what kind of lyrics MiniLyrics should embed (default = all): id3v2 synch'd, id3v2 unsynch'd, lyrics3v2. MediaMonkey can only show id3v2 unsynch'd lyrics, but can probably search in all of them (not that it matters, the text should be the same).

But you say that you're using WMA files? These aren't supported by MiniLyrics or any other similar lyrics program that I know.
So
So maybe that leaves only in the song directory and I would need a script to find songs with lyrics in MM?
that would be your solution...

But still using mp3's is *much* easier, for everything (more compatible, more functionality, faster, also decent quality with Lame encoder, ...)
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Thanks for the info.

I can't see myself converting thousands of wma to mp3 in the near future so...
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

nice
chinolofus

Post by chinolofus »

i just installed this and all im getting is an empty embedded window. any ideas whats wrong?
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

chinolofus wrote:i just installed this and all im getting is an empty embedded window. any ideas whats wrong?
Have you installed MiniLyrics?

http://www.crintsoft.com/