Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fn56

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by fn56 »

Have you tried to do as I posted above?
"On Windows 7 64bit, when installing both Media Monkey (latest version 4) and MiniLyrics in C:\Program Files instead of in the default folder C:\Program Files (x86) then the MiniLyrics embeder will work fine."
Meetloaf13

Post by Meetloaf13 »

So I need to uninstall completely, and the reinstall?
MM4 GOLD user =]
fn56

Post by fn56 »

Yes, this is what I did. Uninstall both MediaMonkey and Minilyrics and then in the setup program change the default suggested installation path to
C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey
C:\Program Files\MiniLyrics

Please report if this helped.
Meetloaf13

Post by Meetloaf13 »

No go, I get the same exact error message. It's not executing any separate program or anything. no mmip extension file to install or anything.

Very odd.

UPDATE: I'm the donkey's backside. I didn't actually install MiniLyrics, as in the actual program...guess that would help =]
MM4 GOLD user =]
fn56

Post by fn56 »

Update 2-Nov-2012: After some wonderful time with embedded Minilirics, it suddenly stopped working again :-(
Don't know why... I uninstalled the embedder and return to work with two separate windows...

Not sure I understand your configuration... Anyway, the steps I did in my station:
1) Install MediaMonkey + license (in C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey)
2) Install Minilyrics + license (in C:\Program Files\MiniLyrics)
3) Install minilyrics-embedder14b.exe
Last edited by fn56 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

Can someone please help me out here ...

I have tried to install MINILYRICS but even though I followed instructions it will not work...

The MINILYRICS panel is embedded , but when I try to right click nothing happens , it's like it's dead.

I have uninstalled and then re-instaleld and same thing...

So so frustrating, and from looking at other peoples post it looks like that I am not the only one who have had problems with this AWFUl plugin.

Great alright when you ge it to work , but a ton of stress to get there :(
pxdty

Post by pxdty »

How do I uninstall?
jonp

Post by jonp »

Uninstall Minilyrics via Windows - Control Panel.
bofh

Post by bofh »

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem. Also uninstalled everything and re-installed as described in C:\Program Files\. Unfortunately without getting it to work.
I first tried @ my home PC where MM is installed as portable and thought, that would be causing the problem.

No I installed at my work notebook and it's not working. The embedder script and dll is dated from 2007. Maybe some modifications have to be made to solve the problems? Not sure ?!
I deleted the vbs and dll. Now the lyrics are shown again - in a seperate window of course, but so it's working.

Greetinx
bofh
gblum

Windows 8 Install Issues

Post by gblum »

I'm unable to get the embedder installed under Windows 8. It continues to complain about a missing msvcr71.dll even though I've downloaded that file and placed it in C:\Windows\System32. Any help would be appreciated.
aguaxkyw

Post by aguaxkyw »

don't know if windows 8 has a syswow64 folder, haven't even installed windows 8 yet, however on windows 7 x64 you have to put the dll on the syswow64 folder instead of the system32 folder. don't know if it's any help, just a thought
gblum

Re: Windows 8 Install Issues

Post by gblum »

That did it, thank you very much.
Lost in Space

Post by Lost in Space »

Hi guys I know this has been gone over a thousand times but I cannot find a definitive answer so I am posting in hope.
I have tried most things suggested in the pages of this thread with no success.
I am running Vista SP3 with all required updates.
I have installed and uninstalled MM, ML and ML Embedder many many times so I will outline the current scenario.
First I uninstalled in this order ML Embedder v 1.4 then ML 7.5.21 then MM 4.0.7.1511 Gold Licence with Revo Uninstaller using option 4.
I then ran CCleaner in Registry clean up mode and removed any further traces.
I then rebooted my laptop.
Next I reinstalled the same versions of MM, ML and ML Embedder in this exact order and all by selecting Run as Administrator.
When I click to open MM it also opens the ML panel first but then I get the message that the embedder window may not be visible etc so I close this message and the ML panel is then covered by the opening of the MM interface but without the ML panel embedded. The empty embedder window is in place in MM where it should be but the ML panel is not embedded.
The embedder installs to C:/Program Files/MediaMonkey, ML skins tried are Modern, Plain, MiniLyrics and Opaque is set to 100%, Always on Top is selected in ML and have tried deselecting this option as well.
Both MM and ML work as they are supposed to but the embedder will not embed the ML panel into the empty window that the embedder creates in the MM interface.

So now I am trying to open the MM and something different to the above situation is happening.
I click on the MM shortcut and the ML panel briefly appears as the MM interface is opening and the MiniLyrics couln't be embedded mesage pops up so I close this message and the MM interface then opens on the screen with the empty embedder window but the ML panel is nowhere to be seen. So I close MM and then try clicking on the ML shortcut and it opens a window which allows me to select MM to open and I get the same result as just outlined in this paragraph. The ML panel is nowhere to be found.
When I uninstall the Embedder both MM amd ML open and are visible but obviously this time with no empty embedder window installed in MM.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening and exactly how to fix this annoying problem???
Alternatively is there a better way of achieving lyrics embedded into MM?
Hoping to hear from someone.
Thank you
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lost in Space wrote:Hi guys I know this has been gone over a thousand times but I cannot find a definitive answer so I am posting in hope.
I have tried most things suggested in the pages of this thread with no success.
I am running Vista SP3 with all required updates.
I have installed and uninstalled MM, ML and ML Embedder many many times so I will outline the current scenario.
First I uninstalled in this order ML Embedder v 1.4 then ML 7.5.21 then MM 4.0.7.1511 Gold Licence with Revo Uninstaller using option 4.
I then ran CCleaner in Registry clean up mode and removed any further traces.
I then rebooted my laptop.
Next I reinstalled the same versions of MM, ML and ML Embedder in this exact order and all by selecting Run as Administrator.
When I click to open MM it also opens the ML panel first but then I get the message that the embedder window may not be visible etc so I close this message and the ML panel is then covered by the opening of the MM interface but without the ML panel embedded. The empty embedder window is in place in MM where it should be but the ML panel is not embedded.
The embedder installs to C:/Program Files/MediaMonkey, ML skins tried are Modern, Plain, MiniLyrics and Opaque is set to 100%, Always on Top is selected in ML and have tried deselecting this option as well.
Both MM and ML work as they are supposed to but the embedder will not embed the ML panel into the empty window that the embedder creates in the MM interface.

So now I am trying to open the MM and something different to the above situation is happening.
I click on the MM shortcut and the ML panel briefly appears as the MM interface is opening and the MiniLyrics couln't be embedded mesage pops up so I close this message and the MM interface then opens on the screen with the empty embedder window but the ML panel is nowhere to be seen. So I close MM and then try clicking on the ML shortcut and it opens a window which allows me to select MM to open and I get the same result as just outlined in this paragraph. The ML panel is nowhere to be found.
When I uninstall the Embedder both MM amd ML open and are visible but obviously this time with no empty embedder window installed in MM.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening and exactly how to fix this annoying problem???
Alternatively is there a better way of achieving lyrics embedded into MM?
Hoping to hear from someone.
Thank you
In addition to everything you did before, do this:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 87#p345750

and also make sure you enable the Minilryics panel at:

View > Minilyrics panel
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lost in Space

Post by Lost in Space »

nohitter151
Thanks for your input.
Ok so I tried commenting out the code but all that did was remove the error message. The ML panel opens up then the error message as the MM interface opens. Clicking the error message cause the ML panel to then disappear. The empty ML embedded window is visible in MM but the ML panel is not visible (but running) and is certainly not embedded in the empty window space. (View- MiniLyrics panel is selected and highlighted hence the embedded panel but it is empty)
Any other ideas please as this is driving me absolutely crazy???????????????
In summary the embedder script is installing the empty docking window inside MM as it is designed to do but the ML panel is not been told to embed itself in the empty docking window??
Surely this is just a small code edit but I cant be the only person to try all these things and still not have the problem resolved.
Thanks and hoping!