Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sa_ill

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by sa_ill »

cheers mate!!!
That worked!!!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nohitter151 wrote:
GregAustin wrote:Minilyrics works great on most of my files.

But on some of them it tells me that the file doesn't support lyrics, that's a lie because I can upload them manually. It even uploads the lyrics on some files of an album but on other songs not. And I ripped those songs at the same time.

Any idea? They're all mp3 files
I have a track that does the same thing; I'm not sure exactly what it is (maybe some character in the filename or something??)

EDIT: Okay, now I have found several files that exhibit this -- it is quite annoying. I think its a bug with Minilyrics.

EDIT2: I rolled back a version to check if this really was a bug -- it is. I installed version 5.7.3418 and lyrics work fine with the same files. Take that as you will, you can download old versions at: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio ... /v5_7_3418

6.1.3723 also works with these "rogue" files and is much nicer than 5.7
FYI: This is resolved in the latest build of Minilyrics: http://www.crintsoft.com/mlwhatsnew.htm

I may have contacted the developer to solve some of the critical bugs I've been encountering with Minilyrics lately :roll: :)
Fortunately, it seems like everything has been resolved, and the preferences panel has a much nicer layout now! :D
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

DaledeSilva wrote:Hello,
I have found that if MM is currently in the micro player state when it loads up (ie.. close from the microplayer state)
then minilyrics can't embed.

Could a detection of the state be written and some sort of alternative action taken to prevent the error?

thanks for a great, useful script.
Dale.
I don't see that this issue was ever addressed. Could anyone confirm that? Does anyone know if it's going to be fixed?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

GreenOnyx wrote:
DaledeSilva wrote:Hello,
I have found that if MM is currently in the micro player state when it loads up (ie.. close from the microplayer state)
then minilyrics can't embed.

Could a detection of the state be written and some sort of alternative action taken to prevent the error?

thanks for a great, useful script.
Dale.
I don't see that this issue was ever addressed. Could anyone confirm that? Does anyone know if it's going to be fixed?
It was never addressed, and unfortunately the author of the script (Steegy) isn't active here anymore. He's welcomed others to maintain / take over the script but so far no one has stepped forward.

Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

ya the new minilyrics will no longer embed into MM and only floating lyrics work, but the prob with floating lyrics is that I cant make it smaller only the text) I guess ill keep playin with it
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Diabolic-Destiny wrote:ya the new minilyrics will no longer embed into MM and only floating lyrics work, but the prob with floating lyrics is that I cant make it smaller only the text) I guess ill keep playin with it
Works fine here. You probably need to change the skin (can't use the default "Fantasy" skin) and opacity must be set to 100%.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

whats the skin got to do with it nohitter151 ? :o :-?

my jukebox script is getting messed up with the fonts changer which i think is causing his trouble too since he said that the fonts can be made smaller but not the window. :( :-?

my jukebox script makes the buttons and text area's smaller when i change the fonts size with the changer in the options panel it also makes the window it uses smaller or larger depending on the direction of your font changing.

i've seen this also change the panel for the options and seen it change the font sizes on the custom areas in the ini files that use text like making it have mhrz in the skin by that custom area instead of putting it on the image background of the player. so if the font changer is messing with all those fonts why wouldn't it be messing with the lyrics fonts. they are in a script. i just can't understand what the skin would do but of course i don't use the lyrics script or monkey rox. so maybe they have something wrong in the codes for their skins?
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

nohitter151 wrote:It was never addressed, and unfortunately the author of the script (Steegy) isn't active here anymore. He's welcomed others to maintain / take over the script but so far no one has stepped forward.
Was the source ever posted?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:whats the skin got to do with it nohitter151 ? :o :-?
The skin for Minilyrics, not for MM.

SanderBroek

Post by SanderBroek »

Indeed, solution worked. Thanks Nohitter151!

I switched minilyrics skin to 'modern', restarted both MM and minilyrics. It is working when restarted MM :)
-----
Gold MM user
contr0l

Post by contr0l »

After install i close and reopen media monkey, got error about minilyrics window not being visible. but it is. I closed the lyrics window and media monkey reoipened.. showed the mini lyrics panel again. no error, but no lyrics are ever displayed.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

contr0l wrote:After install i close and reopen media monkey, got error about minilyrics window not being visible. but it is. I closed the lyrics window and media monkey reoipened.. showed the mini lyrics panel again. no error, but no lyrics are ever displayed.
Are you sure that you installed both Minilyrics (the program) and the Minilyrics embedder (From this thread)?

Steegy_

Post by Steegy_ »

GreenOnyx wrote:Was the source ever posted?
It was given to MM devs.
homersheineken

Post by homersheineken »

I have mini-lyric and the mini lyric embedder installed and lyrics don't appear (yes they are in the mp3 :) )

It used to show the bigbubble font but i didn't really like that. What am I missing here?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

homersheineken wrote:I have mini-lyric and the mini lyric embedder installed and lyrics don't appear (yes they are in the mp3 :) )

It used to show the bigbubble font but i didn't really like that. What am I missing here?
It could be several things, does Minilyrics appear at all? If there really are no lyrics, the window should show the artist and track name. If the window is just blank, I guess there is a problem with the panel or you have the font color the same as the background color. Maybe posting a screenshot could help.