Undo Volume Analyzing v1.01 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

RyanB

Re: Undo Volume Analyzing v1.01 [Script]

Post by RyanB »

Thank you very much DiddeLeeDoo for this script ! Works well for me :)
lazybum

Post by lazybum »

elislider wrote:This is still not working for me. It must be a Win7 thing, because it will do its stuff and appear to run the script as expected, but if I hit F5 or exit/restart mediamonkey (or any other method of refreshing the window) the Traxk Volume will still be the same as it was before I ran the script
i'm using xp am having the same problem!
the_somme

Post by the_somme »

Ok, bumping this thread. I need guidance!

Is there another way to undo the volume analyzing than mentioned in the thread. Tried them all and encountered the same problem with each that others have. After 5 years you would think that there is an easy way to do this.

Tried mptag which cleans specific details in the tag such as replay gain but it still does't make a difference. The track volume is still as low as it was after the analyzing. I want to get rid of the analyzing because it takes the volume down to the degree that I have to max out the volume on my mp3 player. Also while listening on the stereo I have to turn it up quite much and that annoys me.

Any ideas or other programs that might work?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

volume analyzing is just that a check of the song to see what it should be played at when volume level playback is turned on.

turn it off and you will hear the same level the song was recorded at.

VOLUME LEVELING is a different thing all together. it will change your song file.

you will need to use audacity wav editor to get its leveling tool and turn the level of volume back up in the editor
then save the song back to your choice of format from one of the 3 it saves too.
audacity 1.3 has better / more user friendly tools. and more of them.

i could have sworn in mm 3 that you could clear the analyzed column of the numbers?
or was that the tag on a per song basis.?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
the_somme

Post by the_somme »

Thanks for the answer.

I'm 100 sure I didn't use the levelling tool because I've done that before and it lead to re-ripping 10000+ songs and feeling like a complete idiot for ruining my library. After that I just analyzed the volume to get it to play in the same volume on my mp3 player. Thing is, as I said, it's too low.

I have tried unchecking the level playback box but nothing happens. Also you're right that in MM3 you can delete what's in the column for each track but the album level is still there.
MM must have stored a replay value in the tag somehow because it's the low volume no matter what program I use? But then again, when I tried to completely clean the tags it was the same volume afterwards. This seems strange, I have to do something wrong.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, if you have any other tips let me now.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

the_somme wrote:Thanks for the answer.

I'm 100 sure I didn't use the levelling tool because I've done that before and it lead to re-ripping 10000+ songs and feeling like a complete idiot for ruining my library. After that I just analyzed the volume to get it to play in the same volume on my mp3 player. Thing is, as I said, it's too low.

I have tried unchecking the level playback box but nothing happens. Also you're right that in MM3 you can delete what's in the column for each track but the album level is still there.
MM must have stored a replay value in the tag somehow because it's the low volume no matter what program I use? But then again, when I tried to completely clean the tags it was the same volume afterwards. This seems strange, I have to do something wrong.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, if you have any other tips let me now.
What mp3 player? Because unless it's an iPod, it probably is not using the replay gain tags at all. It might just be a low-volume track.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
the_somme

Post by the_somme »

yes it's an ipod which might explain that particular problem. but why does all the tracks play in the lower volume in all the other programs i use or when i'm streaming to my stereo wireless? even though i tried everything above.

this is the kind of problem that can really annoy me to bits. ill give it a few more tries and then ill give up! :)

EDIT: Seems to work now using Foobar2000. All the info about track volume and album volume is cleared. Thanks for the help!
EDIT II: Values back again after restarting MM. #### this shit, I give up!
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Thanks a lot for this script, work excellently!
myzr

Post by myzr »

Hi, is there still a way to download this file or install it? Unsure on how to install the script with only the script data.

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just copy the whole code to Notepad and save the file as instructed (with vbs extension instead of txt).
Pathduck

Undo Analyze Volume plugin - make undo permanent?

Post by Pathduck »

Hi,
for years I've been using the very good 'Undo Analyze Volume' plugin/script for new files. It does exactly what it's supposed to - however it only changes the data in the library, not the files themselves.

If for instance I copy the files to another drive or outside the library, onto the phone etc, the volume tag is still present. I find it a bit annoying and want to find a way to remove the tags completely.

I've even had a look at the (relatively simple) VB code to try to figure out a way to make it permanent but had no luck so far... :oops:

It actually does

Code: Select all

Sng.UpdateDB
and

Sng.WriteTags
but doesn't actually write the tags, from what I can see, the file dates are not modified and the tags are still present.

Any suggestions - alternate scripts, plugins or code changes needed?
Peke

Re: Undo Analyze Volume plugin - make undo permanent?

Post by Peke »

Are you sure that you have full access to files, also you should add https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ssMessages and you should try https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... :UpdateAll as preffered in addition to see if Update Tags on edit is enabled in MMW options.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Thanks Peke,
so what you are saying is, the script using UpdateDB and WriteTags (or alternately UpdateAll), should indeed update the tags?

Because I am certain I have write access to the files. Also looking at the file timestamps, they are actually updated, contrary to what I said in the first post. However the tags do not seem to be removed, like I say if I copy the files outside the library and examine them in the My Computer view of MM, they are still there :o

Example:

But it's really strange - if examining the tracks in Foobar, looking at the properties, I can't find the Replaygain property at all. But looking at the same folder (outside the library) in MM, the track volumes are there.

Example, same files as above, track 06:

Maybe there's just something really basic about how Replaygain works I misunderstand?

Or is something wrong with the script?
Pathduck

Post by Pathduck »

Oh and here are my settings in MM which should be relevant:

Pathduck

Deleting Track/Album volume does not change value in DB

Post by Pathduck »

I've posted about this before, specifically about the script I use, "Undo Analyze Volume", which I use often to unset track+album volume tags. I don't use volume levelling and I'd prefer to clear the tags for consistency.

When using the script, it rightly unsets the volume tags, and updates the file, but it appears the actual tag is not changed in the DB. So for instance if I copy the files out of the library and back again, the volume levelling is back - even when MM has detected the files are gone (which is weird).

I've tested with other applications that show levelling and they show them as blank so the levelling appear to be gone in the files themselves.

I've also tested with another script "Clear Field", as well as just editing the tags manually and the same happens.

The script is really old and not updated but also really simple. It just does a

Set Sng=dbT.Item(i)
Sng.Leveling=-999999
Sng.LevelingAlbum=-999999
Sng.UpdateDB
Sng.WriteTags
I've also tried using dbT.UpdateAll but it didn't change anything.
Any help appreciated! :D