Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Belgrath

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.1 - Updated 23/10/2012

Post by Belgrath »

I am I currently running both 4.0.7.1511 and 3.2.5.1306 in different directories with my various scripts installed on both. If I'm unable to see AAT after I install it within my 4.0.x installations. Actually I'm having the same issue in multiple scripts where I can only see them in my 3.2 version. This has been going on for quite some time now so I just use both and depending on what I want to edit I use different version of MM, but I'm finally looking to consolidate into 4.0.

I've ran MM in Admin mode then tried to install the script, I've ran it as a normal user then tried to install etc...

I think there something that I'm missing which is a bit more fundamental... Any help is appreciated.

Here's a listing of scripts which all seem to behave like this, it may help to isolate the issue:
- Album Art Tagger
- Batch Art Finder
- Clear Field
- Genre Finder

Many thanks ahead of time,
Belg
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

See my response in the "Batch Art Finder" thread.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
FrozenAssets

Post by FrozenAssets »

Any way of having AAT perform 02. Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag) only on files that don't already have embedded artwork?

I have been trying to find a way of making a selection for files not containing embedded artwork before running option 02, but haven't come up with anything.
loondawg

Post by loondawg »

Hi Trixmoto,

I posted a feature request in a new thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 19&t=70128

It's based on this script so I was hoping you could take a look and let me know what you think. Album art tagger is great. But my wishlist was something that would allow me to run against a large music collection to get it a starting point where I could then take over with Album art tagger to finish it off.

I understand it is probably a very large request, but it looks like something that could be made from your existing script with some limited modifications. It's the kind of thing I would try myself if I had any clue how to do so.

Thanks for your time and your great work,
nathan96

Post by nathan96 »

Hey Guys

I have tried to solve this myself but cant figure it out. It worked last time I used the script.

I have all my album art in the tag (500x500px) I want to extract this picture and add it to the album folder as folder.jpg. I'm assuming I should use option "01. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask)". However when I do that everything comes up blue (i.e. "Duplicate or wrong type"). There are no duplicates. No file is written to the folder

Any idea
danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 »

BKKKPewsey wrote:Having problems with 5.1 :(
When I try to extract and resize external image (option 4) the file I am trying to create (folder.jpg) is shown in blue
and is not created :-? No problems with V5.0 which shows it in green as usual.
Is there a new setting hiding somewhere or is it a buglet
Having a similar problem to this guy (aboe) and this one as well: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 05#p363216

On 5.1 if I try to extract artwork and resize external image I'm getting the Duplicate or wrong type message (blue) even though I don't have any images at all in the folder. I've reverted back to v5.0 and everything is working as expected? Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll take a look and see if I can replicate.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

danasince1979 wrote:
BKKKPewsey wrote:Having problems with 5.1 :(
When I try to extract and resize external image (option 4) the file I am trying to create (folder.jpg) is shown in blue
and is not created :-? No problems with V5.0 which shows it in green as usual.
Is there a new setting hiding somewhere or is it a buglet
Having a similar problem to this guy (aboe) and this one as well: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 05#p363216

On 5.1 if I try to extract artwork and resize external image I'm getting the Duplicate or wrong type message (blue) even though I don't have any images at all in the folder. I've reverted back to v5.0 and everything is working as expected? Thanks
See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p349909

:)
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 »

trixmoto wrote:Ok, I'll take a look and see if I can replicate.
thank you
AnException

Post by AnException »

Bug report: Mediamonkey 4.1.0.1630

Using 01. Tag to mask.
Under Please choose appropriate... if there is no "\", for example, "\folder" to create a "folder.jpg" from tag, There will be a error
"fso.Folderexists" "Line 1585, Column 2", MM will also crash.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for the report, I'll try to replicate.
brooklynspo

Post by brooklynspo »

I have used AAT for a long time and I am experiencing odd behavior with version 5.1. When I use Option # 4 (extract artwork and resize) it appears that only certain specific file types will be extracted although there is nowhere to specify which file types are to be extracted. In previous versions the first image was extracted regardless of type. It turns out that required file types are set when using other options, eg Option #2 (embed to tag). The file type you specify for creation in Option #2 is carried over as a requirement for extraction in Option #4. If the first image is not the right file type then the image is not extracted.

I have switched back to version 4.9 in the meantime and everything seems fine again.

AAT 5.1
MM debug 4.1.0.1629 (Portable Mode)

OH, now I see this issue was addressed a while ago and will be fixed w/ next version - sorry ... nevermind.
VRN

Post by VRN »

Hi,

This is indeed a great script. It seems it will solve the problem of embedding all the images which unfortunately have only been saved as "folder. jpg" and not to the tag.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to keep the date/time stamp of the files modified when running the script? How do I set that up? Moreover, I am going to run it as a batch job with an appropriate mask on all my music (some 20.000 Flacs sorted in "<Artist>\<Album>\"), some of which already having an image embedded. What happens there? Are these files ignored and the original image kept (preferred option); is the image exchanged by the new "folder.jpg" (would be OK) or is the new image added as an additional image (least preferred option)? Can I set which option?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

VRN
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

No, it's not possible for the script to modify the file without updating the file modification date - this seems like an odd thing to try and do anyway, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that.

I believe it will add the artwork to the end, which is your least preferred option. However, if you're looking for each track to only have one artwork image, you could then run process 8 afterwards to clean it up.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could also use the Collection (like Music) > Files to Edit > Unknown Artwork node and run only on files with no Artwork.

PS. Is the issue of Timestamp with the music or image files? If the former there is an option to disable Timestamp updating under Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists.