Add leading numbers to track name

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kalmansky

Add leading numbers to track name

Post by kalmansky »

My high definition audio (HDA) players use a Linux kernel. If tracks are named with a number and no leading zeros the track beginning with the number one (1) is followed by the teens (11-19), then the number two (2) track is listed. If the songs are part of a story which needs to be told sequentially this requires me to manually re-number tracks when ripping.

I downloaded an addon which purported to allow me to renumber, but there does not appear to be a means of forcing a leading zero.

I've search and found addons which will REMOVE leading zeros, but none which will pad leading zeros.

Any suggestions?
MMFrLife

Re: Add leading numbers to track name

Post by MMFrLife »

That is also an issue in MM if sorting on single-digit track number.
You can solve that with the magical RegExp Find & Replace. There is a preset called, something like, add leading zero to a single-digit number.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
popsmike

Re: Add leading numbers to track name

Post by popsmike »

If you are using the Auto Organise the you can use the <Track#:2> tag to insert a leading zero, if your tracks run into the hundreds then change it to a 3.
I use this constantly without a problem.
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012