Convert Format and Write to New Directory

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kalmansky

Convert Format and Write to New Directory

Post by kalmansky »

I have hundreds of CDs which I would like to convert to MP3 from FLAC. Doing this manually will take hundreds of hours and it seems like a task designed for scripting, but I find neither the ability provided natively in MM nor have I found a script to do it. For example, let's say I have the following directory of FLAC files:

c:\Music\FLAC\Classical\Mozart\

with sub-directories CD001 through CD170. I want to convert to MP3 and write to the following directory:

c:\Music\MP3\Classical\Mozart\

I don't find an API manual in the help Wiki. I am just missing the MM menu-driven means of doing this? Or is there no way to do this via the menu system?

I've looked through several searches and not found any scripts or addons which perform this function. Has no one ever faced this issue?
MMFrLife

Re: Convert Format and Write to New Directory

Post by MMFrLife »

Did you try, load files into the file list > Tools > Convert Format > configure format and set destination?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
demetri_j

Post by demetri_j »

does media monkey add sub folders for artists/albums etc when converting a large library? If it dumps all the files into the same folder then that is ridiculous trying to move them to nice organized sub folders
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

demetri_j,
You do that by setting the destination path in the convert dialog.
Make certain the tags that correspond to how you want your path are filled out and correct.
You then use "Drive:\Folder\<field>\" format for path in destination field.
If your tags are exactly how you want them but you want something that doesn't correspond to the tags, use:
"Drive:\Folder\" format.

Create a test folder and try it out on a few file copies.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜