How to duplicate iPod device for multiple iPods

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

paddymcq

How to duplicate iPod device for multiple iPods

Post by paddymcq »

Have a new problem when syncing two separate iPod Classics in MediaMonkey. Neither is connected at the same time. One iPod Classic would display in MM as the user-defined Name of the iPod (Patrick's iPod) while the other iPod Classic would display a truncated Name in MM (Jayne's iPod shows as JAYNES IPO). After syncing JAYNES IPO, 0 songs were available for playback even though the all of the songs are viewable in MM and in Windows 10 file explorer. I then discovered JAYNES IPO was using d_MWMD.dll while Patrick's iPod was using the correct d_iPod.dll device.

The workaround was to remove the JAYNES IPO device and let it find a new device, which ended up being the same Patrick's iPod device even though this iPod Classic has a unique name. I have to disable Auto-sync and automatic unmounts because I need to change their common "configuration" depending on which iPod Classic is connected. This was not a problem until recently. I wasn't paying attention to which .dll was used but previously, each iPod had it's own configuration and each iPod played normally when disconnected from MM and the PC.

Not sure if it's a bug in a recent MM update or if my list of devices got screwed up somehow. If it's not a bug, how can I duplicate d_iPod.dll and rename it to match the other iPod Classic (Jayne's iPod)? An d_iPod.dll with the name "iPod" comes installed with MM but it can't be copied or renamed in the dialog.
Peke

Re: How to duplicate iPod device for multiple iPods

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If I got this correctly You connected both devices at same time?
If Yes, then the problem is that we never find way to sync multiple connected Apple devices thru Apple driver API.
If No, Then please Open support ticket and supply us with LOG file as Described here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

Not at the same time.
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

Is there a way to duplicate devices? I copied d_iPod.dll to d_iPod_copy.dll outside of MM and then restarted MM. Renamed and configured the copy in MM. Now when I plug in one of the iPods, both iPod names show up in the Media Tree as drive F:\. Doh!