Now Playing HTML Panel 1.5

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

fizzjob

Now Playing HTML Panel 1.5

Post by fizzjob »

Some fairly hefty changes, mostly revolving around CSS, means this gets to jump to 1.5!

What's New?
  • An alternate CSS style has been added to highlight artist images. You can choose between the standard layout, the "Small Album Art" layout, and the controls are at the top of the "Small Album Art" view and at the bottom with the default view

• You can set the CSS to automatically switch depending on whether you have an Artist image or not (my personal favorite new feature)!
  • The context menu has controls for moving the panel around, and you can also toggle the title bar so you can manually position the panel.
  • The "External" panel has now been replaced with a hack that opens the panel in a standalone Internet Explorer window instead of trying to undock the panel using MM's built-in methods. Choose "Undocked" from the "Panel Location" option in the context menu. Choosing a "Docked" option from this menu will re-dock the panel if the panel is external to MM. Note that there are some caveats with this method, see the "What's Broken" section for details.
  • An optional "smoothing" script has been added, which can help improve the appearance of cover art when using the "Small Cover Art" CSS option. This setting gets ignored in the default CSS option because it doesn't always produce the best results at higher resolutions.

• The options panel is now available from the "idle" screen that you get when MediaMonkey is stopped.
What's Broken?
  • Sometimes, the installer will throw an error about a path not being found. This can be worked around by running the installer a second time. Still not sure what's up with that.
  • Multimedia keys will cause errors if you're using the External panel option because MM is trying to send OUT a command at the same time it's ACCEPTING a command. Not sure how to work around that yet.
  • When you use the external panel, IE may prompt you to Allow scripts or ActiveX controls. This is just IE's built-in security and you have to click the "Allow" button or the external panel won't work.

• The external panel has a brief (a second or two) delay when responding to events from MediaMonkey.
  • The context menu option to toggle full screen in the external panel will not close the menu. You can click anywhere on the external panel or press F5 to make the menu go away. Or you can just press F11 to toggle full screen mode without using the context menu.
A lot of the look can be customized from within the panel, but you can always just edit the CSS if you really want to tweak it.

You can download the panel here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t1f3t ... Panel.mmip

Please feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have.
Last edited by fizzjob on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 am, edited 11 times in total.
fizzjob

Re: Now Playing HTML Panel

Post by fizzjob »

I've made a couple updates to the script. The new version (0.2) should fix the "Object required: img" error messages that pop up occasionally when the track changes, and the ratings should now display properly.

The download link is in the first post in this thread.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

nice work *thumbs up*
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

I'm getting an "invalid install package" error and it won't install.
Using MM 3.x. on Windows 10. Any ideas?
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

sixtiesstereo wrote:I'm getting an "invalid install package" error and it won't install.
Using MM 3.x. on Windows 10. Any ideas?
I'd guess it's because you're running MM3, but that's just a guess. I'm using MM4, myself.
Peke

Post by Peke »

This was intended for latest MM 4.x not 3.x which lacks many advanced access features.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Same problems. I get:

Code: Select all

Error #76 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Path not found
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\auto\htmlpanel.vbs, Line: 8, Column: 1
MediaMonkey 4.1.10
Windows 8.1
Internet Explorer 11
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Is that when you install it? As silly as it sounds, just run the .mmip package again and I bet it'll work. I ran into that a couple times when I was packaging the script, but it was intermittent and could never quite pin it down.
fizzjob

Re: Now Playing HTML Panel 1.5

Post by fizzjob »

Just a quick bump to announce version 1.5.