mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tom.s

Post by tom.s »

Any progress on this? I'd really like to get all the allmusic moods into one of the custom fields in MM. I get a big error atm.

I've been playing around with the MP3Tag version and I can get it to download the allmusic moods and insert them into the Comment tag as "\\Songs-DB_Custom1:happy, sad, etc" but can't get this to show up in MM.
I can also get MP3Tag to add custom tags of Mood and Styles but can't ork out how to access these in MM.

Anyone any suggestions?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sorry, I don't have any time left for the moment. :( Within 2 months, I will have holidays, so then a new version of the program will be released. :D
Last time, I was working on a preview/track_recognition feature that's a very important part of the tagging feature. I will only release the program once this is finished.

As for Mp3Tag, I encourage people to use it until my program is finished. You can write properties to the files that MediaMonkey supports, and then import these tracks in MediaMonkey.
A list of supported properties can be found here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/n ... erties.htm (beware that some aren't available from the Track Properties dialog (They are stored in the library, but you can't see them directly. They're only from the database.)

ADDITION (25/05/06): Just as a reminder for myself (Amazon searches should be for "Classical" too, not only for "Music" --> add extra script for the ultra-classical stuff) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10136

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

hello steegy,
could you make the script work with the much smaller alternative .net framework runtimes from nLite?
so one need not to install the whole ms-network..

the only thing that prevented me from testing your work so far.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked into this but found some problems:
  • The alternatives are only 3,3 times smaller than the normal ones, but lose a lot of possibilities. I think they only work for specifically for the needs of nLite.
  • The alternative runtimes don't have to be registered, and are in nLite's folder. That means that the runtimes only are for one program at a time (for nLite in this case, because it's in that folder the alternative runtimes are installed). Basicly, every app that would like to use the alternative runtimes would have to include them in its own folder. That's bad.
  • "Also...people with Framework installed don't use this because it will invalidate your .NET installation." That's bad. I already have .NET 2 installed, as a lot of other people (logically) have. I don't want to uninstall it.
Of course, I could have misunderstood things. But if so, I'd like a clarification from someone. I can't do anything until I understand good.

Thanks
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

ok, i finaly installed framenetwork, started the program, chose "getselectedtagsfromMM", window froze 20sec and got this:

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {148F7BB6-4943-4C53-8E30-0F9115D30283} failed due to the following error: 80080005.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.getSelectedTracksInMediaMonkey()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Web Sources Tagger
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WebSourcesScripts/Web%20Sources%20Tagger.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Interop.SongsDB
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WebSourcesScripts/Interop.SongsDB.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
i selected mp3s and then wma. same.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This COM error seem to happen now and then. I don't know why it happens, but restarting MediaMonkey always fixes the problem for me.

Some basic explanation: the tagger program calls the MediaMonkey program though the COM-interface. It waits until MediaMonkey responds, but if it doesn't respond in time (seemingly 20 seconds) it throws an error.

I thought that this only occured in "developing conditions" like for me. As also you got the error, it's a sign that the error should be "catched" and a user-friendly message box should be shown, informing the user that MM needs to be restarted.
I'll see what the devs say about the COM-error.

Post by Guest »

Whaddya reckon?
Every time I click 'Tag' I get this:
************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.UpdateMMTrackProperties(SDBSongList mySongList)
at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Web Sources Tagger
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Home/My%20Documents/Software/WST240306/Web%20Sources%20Tagger.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Interop.SongsDB
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Home/My%20Documents/Software/WST240306/Interop.SongsDB.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Seems like some wrong value is used and couldn't be written to MediaMonkey. The program expected a number, where something else was given.
This can either be a value that has been received wrongly (e.g. because the resource script has a bug / is outdated (because the layout of the used website (e.g. AMG) has been changed)) or because the tagger itself messed with it.

If the program got wrong information (and didn't mess up itself), you normally can see this because some data is showed wrongly (e.g. tracknumbers are "A1", "A2", ... instead of "1", "2", ..., just to give an example). This problem can happen with "track numbers", "disc numbers" and maybe some other numbers too.

I will only be able to give you more info in a month or so, when my exams are finished and I'll have some more spare time again.
Then I'll continue working on the program (after I refreshed my memory :-? )

Cheers
Steegy

Post by Guest »

Steegy wrote:This COM error seem to happen now and then. I don't know why it happens, but restarting MediaMonkey always fixes the problem for me.
hm, for me it never works, also after restarting several times.
spacekris

Post by spacekris »

erm,this was my post...
tom.s

Post by tom.s »

Can anyone help with some problems i'm having using MP3Tag to add the Custom tags for MM?

As far as i can tell MM stores the values for its Custom Fields in comment tags called Songs-DB_Custom1, Songs-DB_Custom2 & Songs-DB_Custom3

however I can't seem to get any changes i make to these fields in MP3Tag to appear in MM.

The comments field in MP3Tag displays all the comments tags separated by // so i've tried adding to the end of that.
Looking at the tags in MPTag (Alt+T) seems to show this has worked, and i've also added it as a new COMMENT tag in this tags view.

However when i add or rescan the track to MM nothing appears in the Custom fields.

I've pretty much got MP3Tag to get the data from allmusic and add it to the file.. but not in any format that MM seems to be able to import.. its very annoying.

Any ideas?

Post by Guest »

You need latest Mp3tag v2.36c
Then create a new field with the name COMMENT SONGS-DB_CUSTOM1
Or just tag a file in MM and you'll see the names in Mp3tag.
danflan

installing

Post by danflan »

Sorry for the 101 question, but I've installed the files in c:\websourcescripts, added an entry to scripts.ini (although I created the procname. I don't know if there's one I'm supposed to use), and created a script, but I can't figure out how to launch web sources tagger.exe from within MM.

This is my first attempt at adding a script, so again, I apologize for how basic my question is.

What am I missing?
anotherstuart

tryign to install

Post by anotherstuart »

Hi. This add-on looks fantastic. Exactly what I have been looking for. But...

I downloaded the .NET verison 2 from microsoft.

I downloaded the 240306 version of the zip and put everything into c:\WebSourcesScripts

I installed the autoscript in MediaMonkey. If I either run the .exe directly or click on the button that I have inMediaMonkey I get the same error:

'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).'

I am dying to get this going - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

@danflan:
Put all src, exe and dll files from the zip package in "C:\WebSourcesScripts" and install the script from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 1280#41280 as auto-script (put it in MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder).
Sorry about this short explanation (I don't have much time) but I'm sure others can help you further, if necessary.

@anotherstuart:
The error you're getting usually means that the installation of the .Net framework is wrong. It's either not/partially installed, not the right version, or it got "corrupted". So maybe try other apps that use .Net framework 2 or try with reinstalling it.
I don't know any other reason for such an error, unfortunately.

Cheers
Steegy