mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thejayj

WST Track Artist and Composer Switch

Post by thejayj »

Steegy,

Are you having any problems with it or am I the only one having the switcheroo with the Track Artist and Composer thing happening? And will you have to update the script if it's the site causing the problem?

Thanks again!
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Having same troubles as you when it comes to Track Artist & Composer, I've opened up the source and am looking into it myself, but since I don't really know much about writing these sources, probably won't find a fix before Steegy... or someone else. Thought I'd give it a try though, will report back if I find a fix.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I know what the problem is, but my quick fix only works for Regular albums (Artist Albums) and Various Artists albums (Compilations, NOT Original Soundtracks)

Code: Select all

gotoline 1
findline "<div id=\"albumpage\">"
findinline "class=\"subtitle\""
if "\""
	# Normal
That "if" is the problem. Someone with more experience in coding these sources will have to find a full fix for this though, cause I'm stumped on how to get it fully functional again.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Script "AllMusicGuide.src":
See if replacing

if "\"" 
   # Normal
   findline "<TD class=\"cell-img\" valign=\"top\">"
with

ifnot ">Various Artists"
	# Normal

#Album Artist
	outputto "Artist"
	movechar 1
	sayuntil "<"

works.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
thejayj

Track Artist Composer working!

Post by thejayj »

Steegy! You are a god. It's working good now. Your code you posted seems to fix the problem.

There is another bit here that I wanted to ask about and whether it's linked to this or just another issue entirely. . . Whenever I'm getting info for a soundtrack and it's listed as "Original Soundtrack" in the AMG database, I'm getting Original Soundtrack as the Album Artist instead of Various Artists. I can deal with this if that's just the way it is, but also the Track Artists for each track aren't coming up either. For these soundtracks, the Composer field is shown in the Tracks window and and each one is all jacked up. Each composer will show something like <ahref="/cg/amg.dll?. . . . . . and so on.

On the website, Original Soundtracks' Track Artists are listed as Performer instead of Artist so I'm wondering if there's something here that needs tweaked so we can tag the Track Artists the right way instead of all the songs being tagged with Original Soundtrack as the Artist. Any ideas?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Steegy wrote:Script "AllMusicGuide.src":
See if replacing

findinline "class="subtitle""
if """ 
   # Normal
   findline "<TD class="cell-img" valign="top">"
with

findinline "class="subtitle""
ifnot ">Various Artists"
	# Normal

#Album Artist
	outputto "Artist"
	movechar 1
	sayuntil "<"

findline "<TD class="cell-img" valign="top">"
works.
This is along the lines of what I did, though I did it a little different, I switched the Various Artist function to first and made the if "if "Various Artists"" and got it working that way, though, just as mine, It would appear by TheJayJ's statement that yours also has trouble with Original Soundtracks :\

EDIT: Just checked out MP3Tag's forum to see if they noticed the same problem with their script, and indeed they have. Someone over there has already seemed to have found a fix too, tried it out and it appears to work properly with Artists, Various Artists AND Original Soundtracks. Here you go:

gotoline 1
findline "<div id="albumpage">"
### findinline "class="subtitle""
### if """
findinline "/span><br />"
if "<a href"
	# Normal
I spose this works on the premise that Artists' names are usually click able to take you to that artists' overview page, while "Various Artists" & "Original Soundtrack" arn't. However, why ever, doesn't really matter, it just matters that it appears to work. :) Thanks much to the member over at that forum that came up with this fix BTW. (studley)

The two old lines with "### " I assume are just commented out, so if you want, you could likely remove them, unless you want to keep them there incase the old format returns, or want to keep the script "close to original form" or something. *Shrugs*
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Nice to see. Hopefully this one will keep working a bit longer.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
thejayj

How's it working for everyone else?

Post by thejayj »

Thanks Mizery and Steegy for all the work. Combining what you've both said, is this what the code should look like now?

gotoline 1
### findinline "class=\"subtitle\""
### if "\""
if "<a href"
# Normal

#Album Artist
outputto "Artist"
movechar 1
sayuntil "<"

Steegy, what about - ifnot ">Various Artists"? Does this need to be striked out? Just wanted to be clear on this.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

This is what I tried just now:

gotoline 1 
if "<a href" 
    # Normal

#Album Artist 
    outputto "Artist" 
    findinline ">" 
    sayuntil "<" 

do
		# Tracks
		outputto "Tracks"
		findline "word-wrap:break-word"
I just added the "Album Artist" part to MizeryMade's suggestion, as otherwise that field will be blank (this will have to be improved in the future).

So if this one would fail (could be; I only tested 3 albums), then I suggest you use MizeryMade's code.
kazadharri

Post by kazadharri »

Hi Steegy,
Where do I change this code at? and do I need to use something other than a text editor. I don't have access to a scripter.

Thanks,
Jeff
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hey

The script you have to change is AllMusicGuide.src, and this can (and better: must) be done with a plain text editor like Notepad, Wordpad, ...

The scripts are by default located in the program folder (usually C:\Program Files\Web Sources Tagger) and you can use the shortcut in the Start Menu > Web Sources Tagger to get there.

Cheers
Steegy
Mad Lib

Post by Mad Lib »

I'm trying to get this program to work but I get this error when starting WST.

The Application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Then I get this 4 or 5 of the same error below when closing Media Monkey.

Access violation at adress 006345e0 in module "media monkey.exe" Read adress 00000000.

Am I doing something wrong. Is there a certain step working with this program.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Are you using the normal .Net Framework v2, and do you use a recent MM version?
Mad Lib

Post by Mad Lib »

AHHh I see = ) I was browsing through the forum but I didn't see anything about that. Thanks. Would I need to dl the .NET Framework Version 2.0 Software Development Kit too. Didn't even realise I didn't have Net Frame. Just did a fresh install of XP a little while ago thats why. Thanks Steegy.

"you know my steez" Gangstarr
Mad Lib

Post by Mad Lib »

Well I got everything running but I'm still getting those errors when closing MM.