mp3tag's allmusic.com implementation

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

judas

Post by judas »

Thank you very much steegy...looking great!!!!!! this will really boost mediamonkey, as all that info can be put on tags easily and thus allowing far better organizing!!!!

thank you...

judas
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

What it can/has:

-Write all standard tags for MediaMonkey (Artist, Title, Track#, Album, Album Artist, Genre, Album Art) and some extra fields can be written to the customisable Custom1-3 fields (using a mask).
- Ability to save Album Art as file (in Album or Custom directory, using a naming mask: so Artist-Album.jpg and folder.jpg are both possible)
-You can choose whether to first remove all album art before adding the new one, or leave it there put the new album art in front (as cover)
-Link to album on the target site
-Search history
-Dropdown list with search results, and enumeration of all found albums in the (normally hidden) listbox that can be expanded (separator between the 2 group boxes can be drawn down). For more info, see the first image I posted about the script.
-Choose to include the disc number or not, and where to put (add) it (album name or track number)
-Ability on some sites (e.g. Amazon) to specify a Title/Artist separator (in the little text box). Once it is set, it will automaticly be changed to something that fits, if the specified separator isn't present. (e.g.If you set separator "-" for Artist/Title, it will automaticly be changed to "/")
-Ability to tag album art, for sites/albums that don't give track info, but do give album art
-Some things more...
-Album Art can currently be put in the file's tags (I disabled the other options), but this is just a temporary matter. I will enable these back when change them to show a dialog box.
-The Amazon script will use the Artist tag for: Artist, Composer or Author. (in cronological order, it will add the first one available: for now)
Automaticly saving/loading settings (including gui) between sessions.

And of course more to come
Last edited by Steegy on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
JhotIII

Post by JhotIII »

awesome.... I love it. I desperately would like the "save image to folder" option enabled, and if someone could make this work from selected tracks within mm...
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

< Data removed. It will be available later, on a separate page. >
(not completely up-to-date anymore...)

Newer version (BUG FIXED): < Data removed. It will be available later, on a separate page. >

Put all src files in "C:\WebSourcesScripts" (otherwise it won't work).
The exe and dll can be put everywhere, but these 2 always have to be together.

More information can be found in previous posts.

Added:
- Automaticly saving and restoring of all settings (incluiding gui).
- Ability to tag to Custom1-3 fields (content specifiable using masks)
- Saving album art to the 3 locations (tags, album folder, common folder) is now enabled, and fully customisable (so both Artist-Album.jpg and folder.jpg (and other things using masks) are possible).
- Extra Options dialog for advanced settings (e.g. Custom fields masks and album art file locations (with masks))
- Disabled the "be careful" alert when clicking the tagging button.
- Automaticly resize downloaded album art to a "bounding box" of user defined dimensions. Ability to AutoShrink and AutoExpand.
- Added Album Art context menu to save the album art directly to a new file.
- Option to auto-fit the album art in the image box (otherwise, it will be centered in true dimansions).
- Added "/G" command line parameter to automaticly load the tracks that are selected in MediaMonkey, and to automaticly create the search text.
(this will be made more advanced later, with the ability to select web sources and search text type through command line).

Known problems:
- Stability
- Put Album Art in tags -> doesn't check whether this is possible or not
- Design-time error handling only

Cheers
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
alphaex32

Post by alphaex32 »

The new version doesn't seem to be working correctly for me. I can't search or change my search source (the checkmark in the context list just diappears). If I try to search I get an undhandled exception error. Thanks for the taking my suggestion about custom field tagging, though!
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hi thanks for testing.
I can't reproduce your problem though.
Are you sure the script files are in the correct folder? It has to be folder "C:\WebSourcesScripts", and that's also the one mentioned in the options dialog. Can you check the value of the lowest textbox in the options dialog and see it it's your scripts folder?

If I put the scripts in the wrong folder, the context menu keeps working fine, but the program just doesn't load the scripts (you don't see anything about a script mentioned in the title bar...). Searching then (when no script is loaded) will result in an unhandled exception dialog.

BTW: Did you have this problem from first start, or was it after some sessions of the program. Did you change settings?
What dus the exception dialog say? (if you can get to it, probably the "InnerException" test is what I need.)
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

On my system the dropdown-Box on the upper left is empty. So i can´t declare what i want to search. If i try a search an error occured.
In German it is
"Der Objetverweis wurde nicht auf die Objektinstanz festgelegt"
i try to translate it:
"The object-link is not defined to a object instance"
In your version from 21.03.06 the DropDownBox worked.

The details are :
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.IndexPageDownloadingStart()
bei Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.FillIndexInfo()
bei Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.btnZoeken_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei Microsoft.Samples.SplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Are you sure the script files are in the correct folder? It has to be folder "C:\WebSourcesScripts", and that's also the one mentioned in the options dialog. Can you check the value of the lowest textbox in the options dialog and see it it's your scripts folder?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I also get similar errors (i PM them to you) although scripts location is correct and the is the same as with under the options
alphaex32

Post by alphaex32 »

Everything is in C:\WebSourcesScripts as it has been with previous versions, and this is the same as what I see in the options dialogue. This behavior has been happening since the first time I used this version.

Post by Guest »

i get the same eror :cry:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.IndexPageDownloadingStart()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.FillIndexInfo()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.btnZoeken_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Web Sources Tagger
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WebSourcesScripts/Web%20Sources%20Tagger.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
judas

Post by judas »

yeah...me too getting the same error. i already PM the error....lets wait and see what steegy thinks about it...

cheers.
keiju

Post by keiju »

This is my first time with this program. Since first time if i try a search i get this problem:

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.IndexPageDownloadingStart()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.FillIndexInfo()
   at Web_Sources_Script_Interpreter.Form1.btnZoeken_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Web Sources Tagger
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WebSourcesScripts/Web%20Sources%20Tagger.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Also (like holterpolter) the box left-top (i assume is ment to "what to search" function) is empty.
And whenever i click a different source the checkmark dissapears (like alphaex32)

So i think i just have the usual problems. Hope this knowledge is usefull to you.

[Sorry for my bad english]
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Unfortunately, I can't find any reason why its working for me, but not for other computers. (I tried it with a friend's computer and got the same problems).

For that, could anyone try the debug version of the program: < Data removed. It will be available later, on a separate page. >
and then PM the file "C:\WST_Debug.txt" to me? This in order to be able to track the error down, hopefully.

How-to:
Place this debug exe together with the original exe and start the debug program (no need to change sources or to search anything). The debug file will be created with some indications of what the program is doing.

Thanks in advance
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hi to all

I finally managed to fix the problem using the debug program version on my home computer (I'm only at home in the weekends).
The new version is updated in the previous program post: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 1069#41069
(the screen shots are not up-to-date anymore due to new functions)

Or directly download it here: < Data removed. It will be available later, on a separate page. >

The bug that made the program useless should have been fixed (the code depended on a registry setting for MediaMonkey that I had, but most/all other people hadn't)

Some things are added to this version:
- Automaticly resize downloaded album art to a "bounding box" of user defined dimensions. Ability to AutoShrink and AutoExpand.
- Added Album Art context menu to save the album art directly to a new file.
- Option to auto-fit the album art in the image box (otherwise, it will be centered in true dimansions).
- Added "/G" command line parameter to automaticly load the tracks that are selected in MediaMonkey, and to automaticly create the search text.
(this will be made more advanced later, with the ability to select web sources and search text type through command line).

This means you can have more standardised album art dimensions, and now the program can be initiated from within MediaMonkey so the program will take the selected tracks in MediaMonkey and load them, as well as automaticly make the search text (based on album and/or artist).

Hopefully this one will work well for all of you, but if there are any problems (except stability problems now and then :-? ) please let me know.
Thanks for the patience.

Cheers
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.