Minilyrics Addon Won't stop

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

smb561

Minilyrics Addon Won't stop

Post by smb561 »

I have used MMGold for a couple of years, sparingly and recently installed minilyrics. It now won't stop running through songs trying to get lyrics. I can shut everything down, reboot, open it us and try to play any song and it starts running through trying to get lyrics. I have uninstalled MMGold 3 times with no success, it comes back everytime. I can't find an answer to this question so I'm begging! I have no desire to go back to iTunes or WMP.

Thanks,

Steve
nohitter151

Re: Minilyrics Addon Won't stop

Post by nohitter151 »

Minilyrics doesn't "run" through songs to find lyrics, it only looks them up one at at time as you play them.

Are you sure you aren't having this problem: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... greyed-out
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
smb561

Post by smb561 »

Yes, I have deleted the library numerous occasions, and as soon as I reload the library, minilyrics takes over to go through all of the songs to find the lyrics. It does stop occasionally and wants me to find lyrics but I there are other songs that it never stops for, despite the fact that there are no lyrics. No matter what I do, as soon as I click on a song, it goes through this rapid process of trying to find lyrics. Yes, all of my songs are on a separate drive from my C:\\ drive but I have never had the problem until minilyrics was installed. When I try to close everything out, it states that there are Processes Running, do you want to stop the processes.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

smb561 wrote:Yes, I have deleted the library numerous occasions, and as soon as I reload the library, minilyrics takes over to go through all of the songs to find the lyrics
I'm sorry but Minilyrics does not do this as I already mentioned. What exactly is it that you see happening?

smb561

Post by smb561 »

What I am seeing is when I click on a song, it immediately goes to a scan like it is trying to find songs or trying to find lyrics. I can minimize the screen and it will run whatever processes it is running for hours at the time. It stops occasionally on a song and will start playing that specific song until I kick it to the next song and it starts the scan all over again. I'm now wondering if it is because I have all of my music located on my server instead of my hard drive. I keep everything I own either on a separate drive from C or on the server. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have never had this issue before until now and it may be because I went to a smaller SSD drive as C.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Have you tried reinstalling MiniLyrics instead of MM?
Do you have Folder Monitoring enabled, if so, temporarily disable it and restart MM to see if MiniLyrics still seems to take over.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

smb561 wrote:What I am seeing is when I click on a song, it immediately goes to a scan like it is trying to find songs or trying to find lyrics. I can minimize the screen and it will run whatever processes it is running for hours at the time. It stops occasionally on a song and will start playing that specific song until I kick it to the next song and it starts the scan all over again. I'm now wondering if it is because I have all of my music located on my server instead of my hard drive. I keep everything I own either on a separate drive from C or on the server. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have never had this issue before until now and it may be because I went to a smaller SSD drive as C.
I really doubt this is minilyrics, probably some problem with the network. Just try to close minilyrics from the tray and see if the same thing persists.

smb561

Post by smb561 »

Closed minilyrics, deleted library, cleared database and closed MM. I have files in two different locations, "D" drive as well as "Media Servers" (my Windows Home Server 2011) in a "Music" folder. Tell me what to do next as it seems I have screwed up something along the way. Thanks for the help to all so far.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

First, just close/disable miniLyrics > see if problem persists.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜