Filename inconsistencies and Duplicate content

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

elmerbumpkin

Filename inconsistencies and Duplicate content

Post by elmerbumpkin »

Looking for help with filename inconsistencies, and duplicate content.

First, thanks for the script work, it is great to have so many resources.

I have approx 125,000 tracks in MMGold (Lifetime). Early on, I named filenames: artist - track# - title. Later I named them track# - artist - title.

I would like to get them all the same and name the files by track# - artist - title. Can this script help me do that in bulk (I was reading about the 'Tagging Inconsistencies' script, but posted to the forum, not on that thread)?

I also have about 10k of duplicate content, a LOT of which is because I would inadvertently add duplicate files because the filenames were different (see above) so I am hoping to get the duplicates resolved by getting the filenaming consistent.

Thanks for the help!
elmerbumpkin

Re: Filename inconsistencies and Duplicate content

Post by elmerbumpkin »

Now that I am reading about a few more of the scripts here, I am thinking that I might have good luck with:

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

This seems to have some of the parameters I am looking for (filename convention, date added, bitrate priority, etc)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You don't need a script to rename files. That is the function built right in to MediaMonkey at Tools > Auto-organize
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
elmerbumpkin

Post by elmerbumpkin »

nohitter151 wrote:You don't need a script to rename files. That is the function built right in to MediaMonkey at Tools > Auto-organize
Yes, I understand that and use that functionality all the time to move new music into my collection, thanks.

What I want to be able to do is identify which tracks are named with artist - track# - title, and change those to track# - artist - title, and at the same time, have MM tell me which of those renamed files is a duplicate.

For example, let's say I have my directory for Rush albums, and have one for [1981] Moving Pictures. Within that folder I might have the album twice, one time with each of the naming conventions above, and both at 320kbps. So how do I deal with that?

And how do I identify which albums ONLY have the album 1 time, with the naming convention the wrong way?

I have too much music to parse manually.

Thanks for your reply!