Install MediaMonkey to WinAmp directory?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

KyleHxAgain

Install MediaMonkey to WinAmp directory?

Post by KyleHxAgain »

I was browsing some really old info about plugins, and came across a note about configuration problems with a WinAmp plugin working with MM. The upshot was that the 2 should be in the same directory (named WinAmp).
This sounds like a great idea, actually, as it could save a lot of time & worries about copying files back & forth and comparing versions.
Any ideas?
rivorson

Re: Install MediaMonkey to WinAmp directory?

Post by rivorson »

MediaMonkey includes a winamp.exe and WinAmp.ini in its install directory for plugin compatibility. If that's not enough you could create a symbolic link named Winamp in the Program Files (x86) folder pointing to your MediaMonkey install directory so you wouldn't have the hassle of uninstalling MediaMonkey to install it in another directory.
KyleHx

Re: Install MediaMonkey to WinAmp directory?

Post by KyleHx »

I have MediaMonkey, WinAmp, and Foobar2000 installed.
In the course of re-building and checking for updates, I added
the LAME 3.99.5 pack, WinAmp-Essentials, and Windows-Essentials-Codec-Pack
(all from free-codecs.com).
[I got SysInternals' AutoRuns and disabled the resident WECP app.]

Things are working, pretty much (I'm still in the process of rebuilding),
but I am finding duplicate files, all over the hard-drive, related to these processes.

So, my idea was to install MM & WinAmp together (the old tech-note I referenced said to use the name WinAmp),
and it might seem logical to extended this idea a step or two further, and include some of the others.

Many (many, many!) of the installation notes & forum quotes talk about what files to copy from what to where,
and I thought (hoped) maybe all of that could be bypassed, but certainly don't want to introduce conflicts.

If I have to re-install MM, that is trivial compared to the time I've already spent looking at all the plugins/addons.