ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Cool beans. :D
Stop Button Freak
nojac

Post by nojac »

Anybody able to get this working on MM3?

It adds to Options as it should. But it does not add songs to Now Playing :(

May be a minor setting/modification?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

doesn't and won't work because it uses mm 2.5 sql queries...

so basically out of luck until:

1) the mm3 database is finalized
2) someone updates the script with the mm3 queries
Volition

Post by Volition »

Now that mm3 db is finalised, Is anyone looking at updating this script

Post by Guest »

When I use Scrobler DJ on my collection I notice that over time a lot of the top tracks of artists keep coming up. For instance when I have an album of a group and this has one top track according to lastfm, this is the only track that gets played of this artist.

It would be really great if there would be an extra option in the setings where you can choose between "top tracks of artist" and "any track of artist".

"top tracks of artist" is the current ScrobblerDJ mode.

This is how it would work then with the "any track of artist" option:
When the playback of the last track in the Now Playing List starts this script will ask a list of related Artists from Last.FM. It will then randomly pick a related Artist that exists in your library. It will then play a random track from this artist out of your library. Finally if it cant find anything (or if your tracks not accessible) it will play a random track from a default playlist of your choise.

With this option you can really enjoy all your tracks, and not only the top ones (which is great for parties though :P ).

Thanx in advance, and great job making MM even better already! :roll:

Grtz SuperFrodo
(proud MM user with 40.000 good tracks)
neFAST

Post by neFAST »

Volition wrote:Now that mm3 db is finalised, Is anyone looking at updating this script
Will this update consist in a simple "Find and replace" of the vbs code?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

neFAST wrote:
Volition wrote:Now that mm3 db is finalised, Is anyone looking at updating this script
Will this update consist in a simple "Find and replace" of the vbs code?
Unfortunately I doubt it. It will generally mean changing a lot of the SQL.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gh0st

Post by gh0st »

I don't know if this issue has been addressed, I didn't want to look through 47 pages of posts :/ But I have this installed and when I am playing a track it doesn't work. I saw it work once but havn't seen it query last.fm since that one time. I don't know if the X over the symbol means 'click this to turn off' or 'I am not on'. I have random off also.
I'm not waking up, I'm initiating my boot process.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It only runs ass you are playing the last track in now playing - could this be why it's not running very often?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

gh0st wrote:I don't know if this issue has been addressed, I didn't want to look through 47 pages of posts :/ But I have this installed and when I am playing a track it doesn't work. I saw it work once but havn't seen it query last.fm since that one time. I don't know if the X over the symbol means 'click this to turn off' or 'I am not on'. I have random off also.
If the X is showing, you have it off.

Additionally, you need to be on the last track as Trixmoto changed for it to work.

Erik
gh0st

Post by gh0st »

Ahh, got it, didn't know I had to be on the last track.
I'm not waking up, I'm initiating my boot process.
greenwatch

not working with MM2.5.5.998

Post by greenwatch »

the error messages pop up at the start of MM, before any song is even selected, and they also pop up for each song played...i tried to read thru the pages but don't see anything related so far. The messages:

error #1033 microsoft vbscript compilation error
unterminated string constant
n=instr(input, "| ?)
file:"d:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\scrobblerdj.vbs", line:159, column: 35

AND

error happened during script initialization
unterminated string constant

Also, when i click on 'configure' next to the gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll nothing happens.
=====================
UPDATE: ok i fixed the script error problem by replacing the relevant ? with ", but still can't configure the dll file, and now there are new problems--

i created a playlist for SDJ and configured SDJ options, added a song and played, the error: "22018 microsoft ODBD microsoft access driver out of memory". and after that, "access violation at address oo4c3fa3 in module mediamonkey.exe. read of address 00000000." =\
Help will be much appreciated!
Superfrodo

Post by Superfrodo »

Somethimes logging presnts an error on line 678, so I added some code to prevent errors in the logging to give a popup messaage.
Perhaps something to put in the net version.

Sub logme(msg)
If DebugSt Then
on error resume next
Dim fso, logf

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set logf = fso.OpenTextFile(Script.ScriptPath&".log",8,True)
logf.WriteLine Now() & ": " & msg
Set fso = Nothing
Set logf = Nothing
on error goto 0
End If
End Sub
daxton

Character encoding

Post by daxton »

I love this script and use it every day.

My only complaint is that it does not seem to allow non-English characters in the artist name, for example Björk, µ-ziq, Trentemøller.

All of these artists exist in this form on last.fm, but ScrobblerDJ tells me that it could not locate these artists on last.fm.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The "fixurl" function does not handle the extended character set. If you look at this function in one of my Last.Fm scripts (such as GenreFinder) then you'll see I've modified it a lot since I originally copied it from this script. You could copy my code and it should work fine, but you'll need to make sure you copy all of the other functions my "fixurl" uses! :)