MM in a Networked Environment: Possible for noobs?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

veroK

MM in a Networked Environment: Possible for noobs?

Post by veroK »

A couple of basic questions:

I was reading in the knowledge base (MediaMonkey in a Shared / Networked Environment) that; because MM is based in SQlite; the program is not meant to be used w/a DB shared among multiple users. However, when installing add-ons I've found that, although my account has admin access, the add-ons won't install unless I login from the actual admin account w/elevated permissions so I kind of had to install it for two users. I haven't encountered issue that with other software in my computer, btw.
I found a link to a permission issues citing article 59, but the link gave me an error
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
& knowledge base article 59 is not about permissions, but sound card compatibility. Can someone point me to the permissions article?

My plan is (was?) to eventually keep all my music files in my HTPC and access it from different devices & computers throughout the house. Is this intended use a reasonable plan for someone that had to go to Wikipedia to figure out what SQlite is? I mean, can I do this kind of thing with Media Monkey w/o messing w/the ini file, modifying scripts, etc?
Lowlander

Re: MM in a Networked Environment: Possible for noobs?

Post by Lowlander »