Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 pm

rovingcowboy wrote:windows is never fully updated they always doing something..

go to the windows update icon on your computer and click it or go to the tools menu on internet explorer and find the update link. click it. then when at the windows update site click on the microsoft update and use it. 8)
had an update for Silverlight.
as expected, that changed nothing.

same results.

dtsig
Posts: 3037
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by dtsig » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 am

paradive wrote:changed permissions.
now sharing that music folder with "everyone".
now i'm getting this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h85uqpj3s8df ... up%203.PNG

getting sick of no support. :cry:
First off .. not sure by "getting sick of no support". Seems people here are trying to help.

Since this is a WINDOWS message, windows script service (not mmw) is unable to find the location ..
I would suggest something very simple. Put your directories you are writing to into your TEMP directory to test. Do you have a C:\temp directory? Break it down to the easiest bits then work from there.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:55 pm

dtsig wrote:
paradive wrote:changed permissions.
now sharing that music folder with "everyone".
now i'm getting this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h85uqpj3s8df ... up%203.PNG

getting sick of no support. :cry:
First off .. not sure by "getting sick of no support". Seems people here are trying to help.

Since this is a WINDOWS message, windows script service (not mmw) is unable to find the location ..
I would suggest something very simple. Put your directories you are writing to into your TEMP directory to test. Do you have a C:\temp directory? Break it down to the easiest bits then work from there.
ugh.
i have about 10GB of mp3s.
don't really feel like moving everything back and forth.
besides, if that'd work, no way am i keeping everything in the TEMP directory for the sake of an inept script.

i wonder what that line number in the code of the script is referring to.
what's weird is... it was working fine for a day or 2 after i installed it. after that it just started going nuts.

i wonder if i reinstalled it.........
and i've also been cleaning up/purging/renaming playlists within MM.
i bet that might be it.

what's the easiest way to un/reinstall it?
will renaming/moving playlists around in the future always confuse it (assuming that's the problem)?

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by trixmoto » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:35 pm

The script is not inept, something is blocking it from creating the file it's trying to create, most likely the operating system.

If you mean what is the easiest way to uninstall/reinstall the script, it can be uninstalled from the Tools > Extensions menu option. Double click the installation package again to reinstall it.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:00 pm

trixmoto wrote:The script is not inept, something is blocking it from creating the file it's trying to create, most likely the operating system.

If you mean what is the easiest way to uninstall/reinstall the script, it can be uninstalled from the Tools > Extensions menu option. Double click the installation package again to reinstall it.
maybe "inept" was harsh.
but if it couldn't notice playlists have been moved and/or renamed and the playlists in the db remain static to it since it was first integrated.........
it's just not very smart - if just renaming something will break it.

MMFrLife
Posts: 2774
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by MMFrLife » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Just simply moving, and renaming playlists is not likely the problem though, it's gotta be something else.

It's like if there are 3 or 4 things/processes going on during what your trying to do, you're picking only that
one possibility because that's what seems tangible/unhidden to you. It's the only thing you are aware of,
therefore "that's gotta be it".

....but like trix and nohits suggest, it sounds like you should be taking a closer look at the OS.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:02 pm

MMFrLife wrote:Just simply moving, and renaming playlists is not likely the problem though, it's gotta be something else.

It's like if there are 3 or 4 things/processes going on during what your trying to do, you're picking only that
one possibility because that's what seems tangible/unhidden to you. It's the only thing you are aware of,
therefore "that's gotta be it".

....but like trix and nohits suggest, it sounds like you should be taking a closer look at the OS.
well, i'm out of ideas.
i've made sure EVERYTHING is updated and whatnot...... :cry:

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:20 pm

MMFrLife wrote:Just simply moving, and renaming playlists is not likely the problem though, it's gotta be something else.

It's like if there are 3 or 4 things/processes going on during what your trying to do, you're picking only that
one possibility because that's what seems tangible/unhidden to you. It's the only thing you are aware of,
therefore "that's gotta be it".

....but like trix and nohits suggest, it sounds like you should be taking a closer look at the OS.
i wish the developer could just tell me what this line of code is referring to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h85uqpj3s8df ... up%203.PNG

MMFrLife
Posts: 2774
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by MMFrLife » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Are you installing the script while MM is shutdown, and are you also checking the task manager to see if the MM process has been terminated?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:29 pm

MMFrLife wrote:Are you installing the script while MM is shutdown, and are you also checking the task manager to see if the MM process has been terminated?
yes at shutdown.

no. might the problem be duplicate processes?

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by trixmoto » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 am

paradive wrote:i wish the developer could just tell me what this line of code is referring to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h85uqpj3s8df ... up%203.PNG
Then why don't you ask the developer? It's exactly the same line of code as your previous error, the one that tries to create the .m3u file, but in the shutdown section of code this time. Something is blocking the script from creating the file, or what I actually think is happening is the lines before that attempt to create the folder structure is failing (which I've suggested, and asked about, but you've not answered my question). If it's not the OS that's blocking this, maybe it's an antivirus program. Sometimes you can add the script files in as exceptions, to stop antivirus software thinking they are malicious.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:51 am

trixmoto wrote:
paradive wrote:i wish the developer could just tell me what this line of code is referring to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h85uqpj3s8df ... up%203.PNG
Then why don't you ask the developer? It's exactly the same line of code as your previous error, the one that tries to create the .m3u file, but in the shutdown section of code this time. Something is blocking the script from creating the file, or what I actually think is happening is the lines before that attempt to create the folder structure is failing (which I've suggested, and asked about, but you've not answered my question). If it's not the OS that's blocking this, maybe it's an antivirus program. Sometimes you can add the script files in as exceptions, to stop antivirus software thinking they are malicious.
that's a possibility.
i run Norton.
if that's blocking it, any idea how i'd make an exception?

but not likely, as it was running fine until i started renaming/moving playlists.

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by gpzbc » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:18 am

paradive wrote:
dtsig wrote:
paradive wrote:changed permissions.
now sharing that music folder with "everyone".
now i'm getting this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h85uqpj3s8df ... up%203.PNG

getting sick of no support. :cry:
First off .. not sure by "getting sick of no support". Seems people here are trying to help.

Since this is a WINDOWS message, windows script service (not mmw) is unable to find the location ..
I would suggest something very simple. Put your directories you are writing to into your TEMP directory to test. Do you have a C:\temp directory? Break it down to the easiest bits then work from there.
ugh.
i have about 10GB of mp3s.
don't really feel like moving everything back and forth.
besides, if that'd work, no way am i keeping everything in the TEMP directory for the sake of an inept script.

i wonder what that line number in the code of the script is referring to.
what's weird is... it was working fine for a day or 2 after i installed it. after that it just started going nuts.

i wonder if i reinstalled it.........
and i've also been cleaning up/purging/renaming playlists within MM.
i bet that might be it.

what's the easiest way to un/reinstall it?
will renaming/moving playlists around in the future always confuse it (assuming that's the problem)?
He's not suggesting you move everything to TEMP, just the directory where you are backing up your m3u files to. In other words, change the location in the Backup script settings. If that works, then you know it is a permission problem.
--
The gpzbc

paradive
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by paradive » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:22 pm

gpzbc wrote:He's not suggesting you move everything to TEMP, just the directory where you are backing up your m3u files to. In other words, change the location in the Backup script settings. If that works, then you know it is a permission problem.
hmmmmmmmmmm
well, done - C:\Windows\TEMP

same results.

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by gpzbc » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 pm

hmmm... Did you try turning off Norton's real time protection? It's worth a shot.
--
The gpzbc

Post Reply