Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by trixmoto » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:46 am

Thank you, I'm glad you've found my scripts useful. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the error that you're getting. It's happening right at the beginning when the script tries to connect back to MM, so maybe it's more of a security issue than a memory issue - antivirus maybe?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Marc Belanger
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:30 am

Backup Addon

Post by Marc Belanger » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 am

I use MediaMonkey Version 4.0.7.1522 on a Windows 7 computer.
I Have added the Backup Addon 5.8
When I close MediaMonkey I get the following message:

Script:
C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\ABackup2.vb
s
Ligne: 65
Caract.: 7
Erreur: Permission refusée
Code: 800A0046
Source: Erreur d'exécution Microsoft VBScript
OK

Please, Help
Thanks
Marc Bélanger
Montréal, Québec
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post

dtsig
Posts: 3038
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Backup Addon

Post by dtsig » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:01 am

Might you not have permissions to the directory the backup is trying to create/write to? I am guessing that from "Erreur: Permission refusée"

Also, it might be best to actually post the message on the Backup section here
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig

Skafan00

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by Skafan00 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 am

Hello, Thanks so much for all the hard work you do for us Media Monkey Die Hards. I backed up my MM4 from my Windows Vista Machine before doing a clean install of Windows 7 on it. I want to restore it on the Windows 7 Machine, but it gives me this scary message about the Registry. Can I restore changes from a Vista Backup to a Win 7 Registry. I tried it once and my machine got buggy (although I'm not sure if it was other Updates I was doing at the time). I need to INSTALL MM again before I can do the restore, correct? That is what I did the first time.

I have gone back and done a fresh install of Win 7... Any suggestions of how to get my MM back to how I had it? All locations are the same (Drives, DB etc) Please help

Lowlander
Posts: 46194
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by Lowlander » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:18 am

I wouldn't restore the registry, I don't even do so with the ini. I just restore the DB: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

skafan00

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by skafan00 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks Lowlander. I have moved MM before and been ok. I know how to put the database back and find my music files, but what I am really afraid of is losing all of my scripts (Especially Custom Properties Panel 2.8 which is discontinued - Not sure how I got it to work in MM4 in the first place). Is this a good strategy???

1) On New Computer...Install MM4
2) Copy Old Database to New Location
3) Copy Old (Vista) Scripts Folder to New (Win 7) Scripts folder
4) Edit Scripts.ini and MM.ini as needed

Again what I really need is How to not lose my old scripts and are they compatible with new Operating system (win Vista to Win 7

Again thanks for any tips.

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by trixmoto » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:18 am

I don't think the scripts/extensions are held in the registry, only the layout information and your Gold license, if you have one. I'd say you say should able to restore everything except the registry, but you will need to be careful because the file paths may not be the same, so restoring manually would be a better idea than using the script.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

H08590
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Backing UP

Post by H08590 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I am new to MM, so excuse the ignorance. I have downloaded a backup script, but I have difficulty using it.

Issue 1: I set up what I thought were correct options. The first time I executed it, the information dialog box seemed to indicate it ran correctly, except it ended with, “Warning, ZIP not created so folder has not been deleted.” What does that mean? What should I be doing differently?

Issue 2: Each of the several next times I executed it, I received this message, “Backup canceled because output folder already exists.” It seems that the only way I can prevent this is to check the box, “Overwrite Previous Backup.” Is this the way it is supposed to work?

In general, what are “typical settings?”

Thank you for your help.

By the way, it seems like this post would have been better if I had been able to insert a picture or a screen shot of my error messages or my settings. However, I could not figure out how to do this. Is it possible?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic

Lowlander
Posts: 46194
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by Lowlander » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 pm

You can use http://imageshack.us to add images to your posts.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Backing UP

Post by gpzbc » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 am

H08590 wrote:By the way, it seems like this post would have been better if I had been able to insert a picture or a screen shot of my error messages or my settings. However, I could not figure out how to do this. Is it possible?
Yes, insert a screen shot of your settings and we can help you figure out what you are doing wrong.
--
The gpzbc

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Backing UP

Post by gpzbc » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:51 pm

gpzbc wrote:
H08590 wrote:By the way, it seems like this post would have been better if I had been able to insert a picture or a screen shot of my error messages or my settings. However, I could not figure out how to do this. Is it possible?
Yes, insert a screen shot of your settings and we can help you figure out what you are doing wrong.
@H08590, For what it is worth, you can see a screen shot of my settings for Backup script in MM4 at this post. Note that my setup for MM4 was significantly different than MM3. Read the posts before this one for more explanation on that.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... gs#p335223
--
The gpzbc

trixmoto
Posts: 10024
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am
Location: Hull, UK
Contact:

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by trixmoto » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Some of the settings are a little pointless in my mind, but they are there to ensure that I don't get blamed for files getting overwritten, and the like. My big tip would be to use a new folder location, don't reuse an existing one, because all files in the folder will end up in the zip file. If the zip file wasn't created, it might be because the script doesn't have access to write to that location, so check that.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

H08590
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Backing UP

Post by H08590 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 am

This is my settings
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/cbl4.jpg/
The "Output archive" and the "second archive" are in pink and don't allow me to check them. Is this the reason that it doesn't create a zip file?
gpzbc wrote:
H08590 wrote:By the way, it seems like this post would have been better if I had been able to insert a picture or a screen shot of my error messages or my settings. However, I could not figure out how to do this. Is it possible?
Yes, insert a screen shot of your settings and we can help you figure out what you are doing wrong.

H08590
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by H08590 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Can someone who successfully uses this backup shoe me a screenshot of their settings? I just cannot get this to work. And the box to select the "Output Archive" is in pink and is not selectable.

gpzbc
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 am
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by gpzbc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:50 pm

H08590 wrote:Can someone who successfully uses this backup shoe me a screenshot of their settings? I just cannot get this to work. And the box to select the "Output Archive" is in pink and is not selectable.
As I stated 3 posts above this one, you can see a screen shot of my settings for Backup script in MM4 at this post. Note that my setup for MM4 was significantly different than MM3. Read the posts before this one for more explanation on that.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... gs#p335223

Also, I could be wrong, but the reason why you can't tick the archive boxes is because you need to register your zip dll. Check out this post.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... bc#p258498

Please let me know if that works.
--
The gpzbc

Post Reply