Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by MMFrLife »

Guest wrote:Does anyone have a link to this?
Look at the original post in the signature.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I had to move MM to a new computer, what was very easy with the backup script. But now everytime I start I get this error message:

Error #70 runtime error in microsoft vbs script
Permission declined
File: "C:\User\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Backup.vbs" Line: 1730, Column: 2

Any help? Reinstalling the script didn't solve this
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Did you toss a restart of the computer after deinstalling/reinstalling? that worked for me
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

dtsig wrote:Did you toss a restart of the computer after deinstalling/reinstalling? that worked for me
yes
Gastlaube

Post by Gastlaube »

Hello,

a bug with MicrosoftVBScript.

[img]Backup.JPG[/img]

Please help.

Thanks Matthias
Gastlaube

Post by Gastlaube »

Gastlaube wrote:Hello,

a bug with MicrosoftVBScript.

Please help.

Thanks Matthias
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

MaximusPrime wrote:I had to move MM to a new computer, what was very easy with the backup script. But now everytime I start I get this error message:

Permission declined
File: "C:\User\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Backup.vbs" Line: 1730, Column: 2

No solution on this? I feel very insecure without the backup script installed :D
rkeesecker

Post by rkeesecker »

orbit111 wrote:I just wanted to post some help for those who are having trouble restoring to your new MM install.

If it were not for me being an network engineer I would have never figured out how to make this work!
-In windows 10 or 7 search for Power Shell from the start menu.
-Right click the Power Shell app and select 'Run As Administrator'
-At the command prompt type: cd <Location of MM backup files> Example: (cd C:\users\user1\desktop\media monkey backup\)
-Next type .\Restore

This should get you past the VB script error
Amen orbit111. I have had a love/hate relationship with MediaMonkey for some time now. This is just one of the many reasons. I have used Backup 6.0 faithfully and finally have cause to restore the backup. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it, even with posts in this particular forum. MediaMonkey can do so much, which I believe is part of the problem. It is so convoluted, which constantly frustrates me. I'm pretty good with most software, but I believe this incident is the last straw for me. Time to transition to a media player which doesn't require an advanced degree from MIT.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Hey Trix,
May I suggest adding a Cancel to the backup confirmation dialog pop-up. That way I can change my mind about shutting down without having to restart.
Hope you come around sometime soon now, ya hear :wink:. It says you popped in for a bit on Mar. 23rd 20016, but your last post was Aug. 14, 2015.
I know your real busy and all, but we miss ya :wink:.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

MaximusPrime wrote:
MaximusPrime wrote:I had to move MM to a new computer, what was very easy with the backup script. But now everytime I start I get this error message:

Permission declined

No solution on this? I feel very insecure without the backup script installed :D
I had a little bit too much freetime and decided to deinstall MM again and only backup the registry file and the db manually. After reinstalling I installed all my scripts, including the Backup script and everything works fine. So I still don't know what happend, but somehow the backup script destroyed itself while restoring :D
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Good to hear!
--
The gpzbc
skywalka

Post by skywalka »

Hi,

I get the following errors when I start Media Monkey:

I get this error if I run the script manually:
The error appears when the script says it's deleting old backups. They don't get deleted.

These are my settings:

Thanx.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

As a test,

Uncheck output path > check archive path instead > backup > wait for backup confirmation.

[EDIT]
Also, don't forget to change "delete old backups" to archive (uncheck "delete old....output path").
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

From Need Help thread;
PDoyle wrote:Unfortunately Backup was set to overwrite previous backup; and I didn't know enough to archive previous backups. Is it possible to set Backup to NOT delete previous backups?
In backup options:
Do you save your MM files to an output path as is or to an output archive?
I originally had it to an output path and when I tried to specify saving backups I got errors and it wouldn't work,
but when I changed to saving as an output archive, it worked beautifully. Here's what you do if you want to try:

Using my no screenshot method :wink:
Key: There are 11 long fields at the top of settings dialog (all but one has a label first and then a check box).
There are 13 settings at the bottom (all begin with checkboxes and 5 of them have short fields associated, one with an in-statement checkbox).

Use output archive for test
Try unchecking bottom boxes 5 - 9, if you want to keep all backups.
or
If you want to keep a specified number of backups (can be overwhelming keeping all of them), check only bottom box 8 of 5 - 9.
In box 8 specify desired number (5, 10, 25 ,50, etc. or 3, 8, 17, 24, etc.). As it adds each new backup it will delete only the oldest one after the desired number has
been reached.
😜
loaded_dog

Post by loaded_dog »

When I try to execute a backup 6.0 script, I get the following:

''HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell Folders\Common AppData" was not opened for reading

system: Windows 10 64 bit 10.0.10586

MediaMonkey Gold 4.1.12.1798 started with Administrator rights.

Please advise...