Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

roty

Re: Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Post by roty »

@loaded_dog:
it could be due to a security tool (antivirus...) that would block registry access. Try disabling such security tools temporarly and try again...I use the same config as you are (w10 x64)
ed_case7

Post by ed_case7 »

Hi, I've been using the Backup script for a long time now, and it's saved my bacon a few times; thanks :D

However I had a few issues with the Monkeyview plugin retaining blank image placeholders so I had to completely purge the database and then recreate a new library.

I renamed the latest backup to "backup_MM.DB", created a new library and promptly hit the backup button on shutdown completely forgetting that the option to clear the output path and overwrite the existing backups were selected!

I've used 3 separate Data Recovery Programs, and none of which have found my lost backup!

I thought I'd see if anyone may have any other suggestions on how to recover the file??? My next step is to see if I can recover it using Ubuntu...

Thanks

Ed
M.Moeritz

Post by M.Moeritz »

Hello,

I always have script errors at the backup, mostly it works at the first time, and then no more. Has anyone the same problems or the perfect attitudes that one has no problems. Or are some "old" scripts missing? Sometimes you need Microsoft.net 2.0 although you have 4.1 on it, or something similar?

"translate with google"

Gruß

Miron

WiFi Syncing
MM 4 Gold 4.1.31.1919 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation" auf portabler Festplatte.
MM 5 Gold 5.0.4.2806 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation" auf portabler Festplatte

MM Android 2.0.0.1091 Pro auf folgenden Geräten
Phones: Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G Android 12.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 S9.7 Android 7.0

MM Android 1.4.5.0960 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Android 11.0
https://www.sparmc.de
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

...carried over from viewtopic

to PDoyle, How to post screenshot:
MMFrLife wrote:You need to use an image hosting site like imgur to display your images from > post the URL of the picture page itself using the URL button from
posting menu above text field.

Like so, > press URL button to get > then,
paste url here
or, if you want to just put a word, description do this,
paste screenshot name or other word(s)/descriptions here
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

MMFrLife wrote:...carried over from viewtopic

MMFrLife wrote:You need to use an image hosting site like imgur to display your images from > post the URL of the picture page itself using the URL button from

paste url here
OK I feel like that's Sanskrit; will give it a try! thanks
MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627 (Portable mode)
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

PDoyle wrote:
MMFrLife wrote:...carried over from viewtopic

paste url here
OK I feel like that's Sanskrit; will give it a try! thanks
http://pdoyle35.imgur.com/all/
http://pdoyle35.imgur.com/all/
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You need to set the image pages on your imgur account to be publicly available. No need for a new post when you do that, just check the links from
previous post and make sure they work (I'll check back as well).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

MMFrLife wrote:You need to set the image pages on your imgur account to be publicly available. No need for a new post when you do that, just check the links from
previous post and make sure they work (I'll check back as well).
trying again with Imgur
Image[/img]
http://imgur.com/1GpS0Jn
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

http://imgur.com/1GpS0Jn
Got it. You can use the edit button to delete/tidy just above and below the link line in your last post.

Ok, I'm not certain this will work for runtime errors, but we're going to try something here as a test using my no screenshot method :wink: .
First, manually back up your key files and anything else you care to.

My Backup 6.0 settings dialog KEY is:

11 settings above and 13 settings below. Therefore, 11a and 13b (individually as 3a, 5a or 6b, 9b).

Modify your current settings as follows:

1. uncheck 8a (output path) > copy/paste/save the path in 9a to a safe place for later reference/use (keep box checked, though) > create a
new test folder/location for 9a.
2. uncheck 2b, 4b, 8b, 11b
3. in 9b change 30 to 3.
4. press "backup"
5. press "Yes" > press "Yes" again > press "ok" to ignore script error, if you get one
6. exit MM > restart MM
7. exit MM > press "Yes" > restart MM
- at this point you shouldn't be getting any error messages, only confirmations of success.
- play around with MM and use it for a while lke this, all the while keep an eye on the new output
location folder in explorer.

if everything seems to be working ok according to the new settings, slowly start to add back/modify
previous settings one-at-a-time.

Start with:

1. 3 back to 30 (give time to observe for errors)
2. recheck 2b (")
3. recheck 8a (")
4. recheck 11b ("); make sure export path isn't the same as the output or archive path.

- play around with this so far a little while and see what happens, then get back to me about
behavior, errors, etc..

note: don't make major/many changes/edits/etc. during this test/observational period.
Also, there is no need to quote all of that when you reply unless someone else posts in between. In that case, just quote the specific
aspects you want to emphasize.
😜
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

Your suggestions MMFrLife have Backup working! TY
will proceed as advised.
TY also for the posting tips; make sense.
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
Víctor Martínez

Database not restoring

Post by Víctor Martínez »

Hello.
I just had to low level format my C:\ drive and obviouslly reinstall everything from scratch.
Now I´m having trouble restoring my Media Monkey database with Trixmoto's script.
When I run the file "Restore.vbs" located in my E:\ drive a dialog box shows up with this:

Command script: E:\Víctor\Media\Music\Media Monkey\Backup\Restore.vbs
Line: 27
Character: 3
Error: Permission denied
Code: 800A0046
Origin: Microsoft VBScript Runtime error

This backup was created on 27/Jul/2016. I imagine there was a different version of MediaMonkey
at that time that the current one. Could this be the reason?

Thanks..
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
MMFrLife

Re: Database not restoring

Post by MMFrLife »

Start by reading this restore.vbs
😜
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

This program installed and I can see it in MM Gold when I run it. I set up the save path and when I try to run it it doesn't do anything.??
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Can you post a screenshot of your settings dialog?
😜
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Here was my last settings.

I was fooling around with it this morning and I got it to work.. I unchecked the boxes for "check db size at least 1mb" and "cleanup output path" I checked and the main db file is 26mb, an I'm not sure what that does any way. Also not sure what the "cleanup..." does?

Very nice little backup program, thanks!

If I ever have trouble restoring it with your script I can just drag the Backed up files over to the working folders, right? Or would I also need registry settings as well?

One other question, I can't check box the archive path.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)