Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MySTicBuDDhA

Re: Backup 5.7 - Updated 18/08/2010

Post by MySTicBuDDhA »

Hi. First, thanks for the script.
I'm using MM 3.2.1.1297, Backup script 5.7. OS: Windows Vista
How do I restore from the backup? Do I just double click on the file Restore.vbs?
Because it didn't work for me. Says action denied, Code: 800A0046.
Sure would appreciate some help...thanks...MB
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, that's the idea. It might be a permissions thing, or maybe some anti-virus-type software might be blocking it.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

MySTicBuDDhA wrote:Hi. First, thanks for the script.
I'm using MM 3.2.1.1297, Backup script 5.7. OS: Windows Vista
How do I restore from the backup? Do I just double click on the file Restore.vbs?
Because it didn't work for me. Says action denied, Code: 800A0046.
Sure would appreciate some help...thanks...MB
Personally, I prefer to restore everything manually. Check out page 41 of this thread for a few posts on this topic.
Good luck. I hope that helps.
--
The gpzbc
MySTicBuDDhA

Post by MySTicBuDDhA »

gpzbc wrote:Personally, I prefer to restore everything manually. Check out page 41 of this thread for a few posts on this topic.
Good luck. I hope that helps.
Yes, I tried, but I can't find where the damn database is. I have a Spanish Vista, and it'd appear that it isn't just a question of translating! Even doing a search revealed no results. I feel like a dumb dumb!
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Are you looking for the backed up database? Or are you looking for where the database needs to be restored to?

In Windows 7/Vista, the database should be restored to "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey".
The backed up database can be found in whatever path you specify as the "Output Path" in the Backup Script settings.
--
The gpzbc
MySTicBuDDhA

Post by MySTicBuDDhA »

gpzbc wrote:Are you looking for the backed up database? Or are you looking for where the database needs to be restored to?

In Windows 7/Vista, the database should be restored to "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey".
The backed up database can be found in whatever path you specify as the "Output Path" in the Backup Script settings.
The original database. And that's just it. In Spanish vista, I can't find anything resembling AppData. I looked in all the folders under C>users>xxxx, but don't see MediaMonkey. :oops:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

NOTE: If you cannot see these files, it likely means that you need to enable viewing of hidden files/folders.
In Windows explorer, go to Tools > Folder options. Select the View tab and check "Show hidden files and folders". The folders and files listed should now be accessible.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you run this script then the database location is displayed on the settings screen.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

MySTicBuDDhA wrote:
gpzbc wrote:Are you looking for the backed up database? Or are you looking for where the database needs to be restored to?

The original database. And that's just it. In Spanish vista, I can't find anything resembling AppData. I looked in all the folders under C>users>xxxx, but don't see MediaMonkey. :oops:
Don't forget your AppData folder is probably hidden by default. You have to go into folder settings and select "show hidden folders."
--
The gpzbc
MySTicBuDDhA

Post by MySTicBuDDhA »

gpzbc wrote: Don't forget your AppData folder is probably hidden by default. You have to go into folder settings and select "show hidden folders."
Yes, you're right, it was hidden - I should have thought of that in the first place! :oops: Thanks for your time & effort. Much obliged. :D :lol:
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

You're welcome!
--
The gpzbc
Philou

Post by Philou »

Hi,

This is my first post so I want first to thank you for all your scripts . Tremendous job indeed !

I would like to mention two little problems :

1) in the playlist export with Mode : nested.
It is caused by a little error in ABackup.vbs at line 951 : in the recursive call to the GeneratePath routine,
the first parameter is missing. The current call is GeneratePath(fso.GetParentFolderName(pFolderPath))
and it should be GeneratePath(fso,fso.GetParentFolderName(pFolderPath)).

2) if the Output path text field is empty.
It is caused by a little typo error in Backup.vbs on line 1208 : you must replace Edt.Text by Edt4.Text.

I also have a little request . Could it be possible to modify the GetIniPath routine so that it does not make any
assumption about the database name (there is no other reference to MM.DB in the script code).

I think you just need to replace line 1557 in Backup.vbs (and line 837 in ABackup.vbs) by the following lines :

Code: Select all

loc=SDB.Database.Path
pos=InStrRev(loc,"\")
GetIniPath=Left(loc,pos)&"MediaMonkey.ini"
Thank you
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, I'm glad you my scripts. And thanks for reporting these bugs, I'll get them fixed in the next version.
trixmoto

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.8.) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed the bugs reported by Philou.
Vyper

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by Vyper »

Cool beans. :)
Stop Button Freak