Backup 6.0 - Updated 01/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gpzbc

Re: Backup 5.8 - Updated 27/10/2010

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks for the update!
Unfortunately, I am immediately getting this error when I install the update.
--
The gpzbc
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

I get the same message. :(

stan9980
Riichall

Post by Riichall »

I am also getting the same error as the people above. Thanks though!
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Sorry to say I get an error message when I try to Install 5.8.

Something like:

Error #1025
VBScript comp error
Expected End of Statement
Dim Debug=TrueFalse
I cannot read anymore coz the text is bigger than the field space.
[it's that HUGE FONT problem again. Grrhh]
MediaMonkey user since 2006
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, didn't disable my debug messaging properly. If you download the file again it should be fixed now. :oops:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Sorry to say I still get an error message with 5.8 - a different one now.

It goes like this:
Script: [path]
Line : 12
Char: 11
Error ActiveX component can't create object:
SongsDB.SDBApplication
Code: 800A01AD
MS VBSscript runtime error.
:(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well that implies the script doesn't have access the MM, it can't connect to the COM object. :-?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ugh, this error has really borked my MM install. I can't even open MM anymore to uninstall or update the Backup 5.8 script. Here is what happens.

-- I open MM, the splash screen pops up, then the error #1025 box pops up, then I hit "OK" to dismiss that error #1025 box
-- then I get an error box that says "Error happened during script execution: expected end of statement", but I can't hit "ok" because it is hidden behind the MM splash screen. So I close that error box from the Windows taskbar
-- then MM splash screen disappears and MM starts to open, but I get an immediate error message stating "Access violation at address 00630DD in module 'MediaMonkey.exe'. Read of address 00000480." When I hit ok, MediaMonkey does a force close.

So I tried to downgrade Backup 5.8 to 5.7 but the install dialog box gets hidden by the splash screen. Do you have any ideas how I can get out of this loop? Is there any way for me to update the Backup Script manually without opening MediaMonkey? I do have a recent backup of MM, but I'd rather not do a full restore if I can avoid it.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by gpzbc on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ok, I think I figured it out. All I did was disable the MM Splash Screen by modifying the MM shortcut on my desktop to:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" /NoSplash
That kept the MM Splash Screen from coming up, which allowed me to hit "ok" to dismiss the error box that says "Error happened during script execution: expected end of statement." That allowed MM to start up, then I was able to install the most recent patch to Backup 5.8.

Everything seems to be working now. .... at least I think so.... :o
--
The gpzbc
gggirlgeek

Getting Restore.vbs to work

Post by gggirlgeek »

FINALLY figured out how to get Restore.vbs to run on Windows7/Vista! Easiest way: Use this tweak: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/addin ... -js-files/.

Even though I am logged into an Administrator account and UAC is turned off I could never get it to run. The trick is that the Script host has to be run as administrator too. But there is no option for this when you right click either Restore.vbs or Wscript.exe in System32. The above link allows you to modify the registry so that all vbs files have the option on right click.

The long way around this is to go to Windows\system32\Wscript.exe (make sure hidden and system folders are showing in folder options.) Copy and paste a shortcut of it anywhere. Right click the shortcut and in properties go to the shortcut tab. Click Advanced and then check the box for "Run as Administrator." Now go back to Restore.vbs. Right click and select Open With.... Leave the check mark in "Always use the selected program...." Browse to the shortcut you created and open it. It will say "Microsoft Windows based script host" back in the dialogue. Select it and your MM restore should run.
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

With Backup 5.8 it looks like it is ignoring the backups made with previous version 5.7 and only deleting backups made with 5.8.
In my folder of backups there are far more sets of backups than the number I have specified.
Has any one else found this ?? :-?
gpzbc

Re: Getting Restore.vbs to work

Post by gpzbc »

gggirlgeek wrote:FINALLY figured out how to get Restore.vbs to run on Windows7/Vista! Easiest way: Use this tweak: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/addin ... -js-files/.

Even though I am logged into an Administrator account and UAC is turned off I could never get it to run. The trick is that the Script host has to be run as administrator too. But there is no option for this when you right click either Restore.vbs or Wscript.exe in System32. The above link allows you to modify the registry so that all vbs files have the option on right click.

The long way around this is to go to Windows\system32\Wscript.exe (make sure hidden and system folders are showing in folder options.) Copy and paste a shortcut of it anywhere. Right click the shortcut and in properties go to the shortcut tab. Click Advanced and then check the box for "Run as Administrator." Now go back to Restore.vbs. Right click and select Open With.... Leave the check mark in "Always use the selected program...." Browse to the shortcut you created and open it. It will say "Microsoft Windows based script host" back in the dialogue. Select it and your MM restore should run.
Thanks for the tip!
--
The gpzbc
dandichka

Post by dandichka »

Just skimming over the last posts here. Seems like a lot of problems of late. Never installed this script before and I was wondering if I should try it or is it still buggy (running Vista)? Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dandichka wrote:Just skimming over the last posts here. Seems like a lot of problems of late. Never installed this script before and I was wondering if I should try it or is it still buggy (running Vista)? Thanks.
It works fine, of course if people don't have any problems, they aren't going to post here!
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

dandichka wrote:Just skimming over the last posts here. Seems like a lot of problems of late. Never installed this script before and I was wondering if I should try it or is it still buggy (running Vista)? Thanks.
You definitely should. It is one of my top 3 scripts to run in MM. You won't regret it. And we'll be there to help if you have any problems.
--
The gpzbc