Which addon should I use?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teignager

Which addon should I use?

Post by Teignager »

Hi,

I am new to MM (and this forum) but to date have found everything far superior to other music/media managers that I have used.

Just two problems remains:

1. I have a large number of tracks that start with a number eg 01 Bridge Over Troubled Waters or 1 - Bridge Over Troubled Waters or 1 Bridge Over Troubled Waters. Is there any script available (or add-on) that would allow me to delete a set number of characters from the start of the track?

2. Over the years some of my albums have been corrupted and the offending track was deleted - or deleted in error from my computer file when I just wanted to remove the song from the library. Is there any add on available that would check my database for missing tracks in the album so I can then re-instate them from the original CD. I am hoping that if I have 20 tracks listed on my database for a particular album the add on could interegate an external music database and advise me of any missing tracks?

Thanks

Gordon
popsmike

Re: Which addon should I use?

Post by popsmike »

Are you working with the actual filename or the tagged information stored inside the file?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

1. RegExp find and replace has a preset for that function

2. MagicNodes has a preset for that function
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Teignager

Post by Teignager »

popsmike wrote:Are you working with the actual filename or the tagged information stored inside the file?
It is the tagged information that I am working with.
Teignager

Post by Teignager »

nohitter151 wrote:1. RegExp find and replace has a preset for that function

2. MagicNodes has a preset for that function
Thats for that. RegExp did the job very well. It even gives a view of the expected result and from that I can accept (or refuse to accept) changes.

Also found that "Tagginginconsistencies" would identify potential missing tracks from an album. It simply assumes that if you have 20 tracks then the tracks would be numbered 1-20. I was hoping that there was an addon that would check the number of tracks that I have against the number of tracks listed against the album on FreeDB (or other database). Guess that would be too complicated? Tagging inconsistencies identified 18 albums to be reviewed. Will check these against the hard copy of the CD (or against tracks listed on Amazon).

Gordon