Backup 5.8 & Export/Create playlists problem

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bonalymac

Backup 5.8 & Export/Create playlists problem

Post by bonalymac »

I've been trying to get these two Add-ons to work together, but am having a problem.

For good reasons about paths, I want to use these two addons to create playlists in different directories.

However it seems that they share some code which retains the last used directory as the default save location. The net result is that each add-on ends up writing the playlists to the same directoey which is not what I want.

Can anyone think of a work-around?

Many thanks

Col
Colin
ZvezdanD

Re: Backup 5.8 & Export/Create playlists problem

Post by ZvezdanD »

If you use the manual export of playlists with the Export/Create Playlists add-on, it will use the currently selected node/folder as default only if that node is in My Computer or Location branches. With all other nodes it will show the last exported folder that is stored in the same INI key as the built-in Export all Playlists script, which use the Backup add-on as well.

However, if you use the automatic export mode of the Export/Create Playlists add-on, it would use its own INI key to store the destination folder that you have specified in the Options dialog box, which is different than the INI key used for the manual export.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
bonalymac

Re: Backup 5.8 & Export/Create playlists problem

Post by bonalymac »

Thanks for your help.

That's enabled me to get it working as I want
Colin