Auto-ratings add-ons?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ryanjg11

Auto-ratings add-ons?

Post by ryanjg11 »

I'm curious if such an add-on exists that would pull track-level ratings down from a service like AllMusicGuide. (I know AMG is proprietary and as such, not accessible via an API, but am looking for a roughly equivalent service.) I have a rather large collection of full albums, but when it comes to gym workouts, I'd love to just be able to auto-sync the top 10 tracks from every artist in my Rap genre, for example.

I know it's rather cheesy to have someone else rate my own music, but I'm getting lazy in my older years. :lol:
fizzjob

Re: Auto-ratings add-ons?

Post by fizzjob »

ryanjg11

Re: Auto-ratings add-ons?

Post by ryanjg11 »

Yep, discovered it after some more searching around just before you posted this. It does work, however I've discovered the Last.FM ratings are a bit skewed toward more recent content. For example, 90s era hip-hop doesn't seem to have ratings, or only partial ratings. I've also experimented with the rank tool as well, putting that data into the Custom1 field. It works, but again is skewed toward whatever is "hot" right now.

Should be a decent solution for me, though. At the very least, I can quickly find the top ten tracks of every artist in my collection and then setup an autoplaylist to pull all of that into a single mix quickly.

Thanks!