New Script: Speak Song Title

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Andreas Weichert

New Script: Speak Song Title

Post by Andreas Weichert »

I made a new script.
If I am sitting on my sofa and control MM with my Android remote app, I want to know some information about the current song I hear. I am to lazy for looking on my phone and the way to the computer monitor to long. Therefore I made this plug-in.
This plugin speaks some information about the current song at its start. You can configure 10 different masks with custom text with place-holder for some song properties: Title, artits, album, album artist and rating. A delay separator between different spoken parts for a more natural pronunciation is integrated. The information can be spoken simultaneously or the music can be pause during speaking.
Configure the plugin in the options dialog under the player-sheet. Enable/Disable it in the main-menu under the Play entry.
The script uses the windows SAPI text-to-speech function. All installed voices can be used.

Download it from the link in footer. Next days I will make upload to the MM plugins.

Here you see its configuration dialog.

Im am very interested in additional free voices for Windows. I you find a download link please contact me.
Last edited by Andreas Weichert on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
Lowlander

Re: New Script: Speak Song Title

Post by Lowlander »

That looks great. I suggest you also look into the ability to announce time (at certain times like hour, half hour, etc.).
Andreas Weichert

Lowlander wrote:That looks great. I suggest you also look into the ability to announce time (at certain times like hour, half hour, etc.).
I do not really understand what you mean. Speak the time independent to the song and MM - like a simple speaking clock ?
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Andreas Weichert wrote:Speak the time independent to the song and MM - like a simple speaking clock ?
Exactly, but with the ability to pause MM playback.
Andreas Weichert

Lowlander wrote:Exactly, but with the ability to pause MM playback.
I do not really need this function. But it should not be to complicated to make it. Maybe I can do it if I have time left.
My Scripts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's just a suggestion, nothing that is needed.

What it would do is when it is 4PM it would announce 4PM as the time. At 5PM it would announce 5PM.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Cool you making a plugin just for mediamonkey. Right now I'm using the old djamp plugin for winamp to have msagents speak comments or titles its great but not just for mediamonkey, you want plugin voices check the msagent voices out.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

It would be great it your script could change automatically from spanish to english, most of my library is in both languages, i try your script and its great but if i choose english it misspronunce spanish titles and the same if i choose spanish for english titles.
Peke

Post by Peke »

i think that could be possible with Custom Tags fields?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Andreas Weichert

NOMAD wrote:It would be great it your script could change automatically from spanish to english, most of my library is in both languages, i try your script and its great but if i choose english it misspronunce spanish titles and the same if i choose spanish for english titles.
Yes, I have the same problem in German. I sounds very bad if the language is wrong.
What I will do first is to integate a tag for changing the language (voice) in one sentence. Then you can speak the additional text (stars/rating, comments for example) in your language. Tags from the song can be spoken in an other language.

Unfortunately the database has no information what is the best language for speaking of the song-tags.
So the only solution is to change to an other speak-mask and language by hand if you hear a group of song with the same language.
I am not very happy with this solution. Im open for ideas!
- Scan the title for keywords to get the language -> Very unsure
- Scan the lyrics for keywords "the" "a" "of" "to" ->English der,die,das,ein, eine, eines -> German ?
- Enhance the database with language information would work. But how and where ? Customtags ? Comment?
- Custom tags for the artist -> Has MM custom tags for it? What when the Artits sings in different languages.
- Are the custom tags used for other tasks from other users?
My Scripts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

You could just use a custom tag and fill it with the language in which the title has to be pronounced and that set the script to read the custom tag and change the voice accordingly.
spam spam bacon spam

Post by spam spam bacon spam »

Andreas Weichert wrote:
Lowlander wrote:Exactly, but with the ability to pause MM playback.
I do not really need this function. But it should not be to complicated to make it. Maybe I can do it if I have time left.

Andreas,

I REALLY need this function....you would be my *hero* if this could be done!

I work very hard as a network engineer, but I also live by myself on a small farm.
So evenings are spent outside doing the "farm work" that city people think is "fun" to do. (hahahahaha!!!)
(It's tiring, dirty, sweaty and satisfying.)

I wear cordless headphones while I work outside... (they can go about 300' before I start losing signal).
I listen to a lot of Armin van Buuren sets.
I lose track of what time it is, which often makes me check the time by stopping my work, walking to some place I've got a clock and checking.
If I can have the time spoken right in my headphones..... WOWOOWOWOWOOW!!!!!!!

I have large horses at liberty, so I don't allow cell phones.
(at liberty = they are in a herd, and I perform my work in their environment, as they run loose.)
No, definitely no cell phones :)

I don't wear a watch, either.
I have in the past, but do you know the best way to break a watch?
Wear it while doing farm work. :)

Wow... I'm dreaming of the possibility of hearing the time....
I hope maybe there's a little time you find to add it in!

Cheers,

Spammy
(Kathy)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

If they can't get the time spoken you could use ms agents to do this you would need to get all the needed software for them to work, then get the damp plug in to use as a DJ set up all the comments for spoken text like DJ's would do between songs, this would also allow you set the time tag in those comments and it would be said.
but all that is old tech and might have some hick ups on win 8. Still the information is in my post for broadcasting in this fourm. The link is number 22 on the monkeys helpful messages page in my signature
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Meander

Post by Meander »

Nice script - working well.

I'm currently using the following mask:

Next up $P4$ $title$ $P4$ from the album $album$ $P4$ by $artist$

...and I got to thinking it would be quite refreshing to randomise the intro. So, as well as "Next up", there could be "And now";"Here's" etc. These could be rolled up into a selectable preset called, say, 'Random Intro' for inserting into newly created masks.

The entries could be listed in the script directly (or maybe the ini entry or some other text based file for lookup) and simply cycled through each time a new track is played in a session - with, perhaps, some simple editing feature.

So, the new mask might look smething like this:

$Random Intro$ $P4$ $title$ $P4$ from the album $album$ $P4$ by $artist$

Is this feasible with the TTS engine?
Andreas Weichert

Fine that you like my script. A randomizing of the announced text would be nice idea.
Maybe a more full solution with complete changing of the sentence inclusive of the order of the mp3tags.
(This is additional more easy to integrate)

next is song xyz from abc
now you hear from abc the song xyz of the year xxxxx
and so on.

How man different task do think are sensefull aproximately ?
My Scripts