Discogs Tagger 5.52 (Updated: 2017-09-21)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.46 (Updated: 2017-05-29)

Postby steviegt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Is there a way to add the leading zero to Disc#? I have "Add leading zero" selected and saved options but only the track number works?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.16.1836
Windows Home 10.0.15063 64-bit Build 10.0.15063
MS Edge


Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
steviegt
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.46 (Updated: 2017-05-29)

Postby crap_inhuman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:25 am

steviegt wrote:Is there a way to add the leading zero to Disc#? I have "Add leading zero" selected and saved options but only the track number works?


i will add this feature in the next release !
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.45 (Updated: 2016-11-21)

Postby crap_inhuman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 am

DJSamhein wrote:The artist that is listed on the left list. You have artist, album, album artist. When the right side track list has different artists, due to the featuring songs, I want the left side artist to be used. Maybe in the options on that same window, because for various artists albums you would need to turn it off.


Hi DJSamhein,

i tried to understand your feature-request. But i didn't get it. :(
I try to show you what i understand.

If you have on the right side track list the following :

ArtistA feat. ArtistB - Song1

On the left side is:

Artist: ArtistA
Album: AlbumA
AlbumArtist: ArtistA

You want on the right side track list the following:

ArtistA - Song1

In which tag "feat. ArtistB" should be written?

Cheers,
Sven
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.46 (Updated: 2017-05-29)

Postby crap_inhuman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 pm

DJSamhein wrote:EDIT: I just checked on that release. Their bandcamp page (https://astralia.bandcamp.com/album/atlas) does say it was released in 2014, so it really is 2014. Also, when checking the artist's discog page (https://www.discogs.com/artist/3197244-Astralia), it also lists the album as 2014. So it seems like it should have returned 2014. I know it's still discogs fault, but I don't think the user provided you with the correct info.


I got an answer from the Discogs-Team:

The system isn't as straightforward as that. The release year on Discogs is the earliest release date, no matter the key release. The API year is based on the key release year I believe.
In the future, we will be revising these to make things more consistent and meet expectations.

:wink:
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby crap_inhuman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:23 am

crap_inhuman wrote:
steviegt wrote:Is there a way to add the leading zero to Disc#? I have "Add leading zero" selected and saved options but only the track number works?


i will add this feature in the next release !


Just released a new version with the feature "Add leading zero (Disc#)" :D
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.45 (Updated: 2016-11-21)

Postby DJSamhein » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:41 am

crap_inhuman wrote:
DJSamhein wrote:The artist that is listed on the left list. You have artist, album, album artist. When the right side track list has different artists, due to the featuring songs, I want the left side artist to be used. Maybe in the options on that same window, because for various artists albums you would need to turn it off.


Hi DJSamhein,

i tried to understand your feature-request. But i didn't get it. :(


Ok, I'll explain what I want with a simple example :)

Release: 502706 (Master: 76216)

This will try to change the artist in tracks 8 and 21 to "Placebo Featuring David Bowie". What I want is an option where it will always keep the artist as Placebo, as shown on the Artist and Album Artist tags on top, next to the album art.
DJSamhein
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby crap_inhuman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:00 am

DJSamhein wrote:Ok, I'll explain what I want with a simple example :)

Release: 502706 (Master: 76216)

This will try to change the artist in tracks 8 and 21 to "Placebo Featuring David Bowie". What I want is an option where it will always keep the artist as Placebo, as shown on the Artist and Album Artist tags on top, next to the album art.


Ok. Where do you want to store the Information "featuring David Bowie" ?

If you set the Option "featuring Artist behind title", the script will always use the first artist and move "featuring David Bowie" behind the title.

artist will be Placebo title will be Without You I'm Nothing (feat. David Bowie)

Is this what you want?

Greetings
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby DJSamhein » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:46 am

crap_inhuman wrote:
DJSamhein wrote:Ok, I'll explain what I want with a simple example :)

Release: 502706 (Master: 76216)

This will try to change the artist in tracks 8 and 21 to "Placebo Featuring David Bowie". What I want is an option where it will always keep the artist as Placebo, as shown on the Artist and Album Artist tags on top, next to the album art.


Ok. Where do you want to store the Information "featuring David Bowie" ?

If you set the Option "featuring Artist behind title", the script will always use the first artist and move "featuring David Bowie" behind the title.

artist will be Placebo title will be Without You I'm Nothing (feat. David Bowie)

Is this what you want?

Greetings


Not really. What I want is for the track to remain as "Without You I'm Nothing" and the Artist to remain as "Placebo". I want the featurings to simply disappear. I don't actually use that info in my tags.
Maybe add an option next to those feat. options below the album art, so it won't affect other users? And when you have that option enabled, you simply ignore that feat in the artist and title.
DJSamhein
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby crap_inhuman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:38 am

DJSamhein wrote:Not really. What I want is for the track to remain as "Without You I'm Nothing" and the Artist to remain as "Placebo". I want the featurings to simply disappear. I don't actually use that info in my tags.
Maybe add an option next to those feat. options below the album art, so it won't affect other users? And when you have that option enabled, you simply ignore that feat in the artist and title.


Ok, i got it. :)

You can use the "unwanted tag" Option in the mediamonkey -> Options -> Discogs Tagger Options. Enter "feat.,featuring,ft." in the unwanted tag field and delete the entries in the feature keyword field.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby crap_inhuman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:48 am

crap_inhuman wrote:
DJSamhein wrote:Not really. What I want is for the track to remain as "Without You I'm Nothing" and the Artist to remain as "Placebo". I want the featurings to simply disappear. I don't actually use that info in my tags.
Maybe add an option next to those feat. options below the album art, so it won't affect other users? And when you have that option enabled, you simply ignore that feat in the artist and title.


Ok, i got it. :)

You can use the "unwanted tag" Option in the mediamonkey -> Options -> Discogs Tagger Options. Enter "feat.,featuring,ft." in the unwanted tag field and delete the entries in the feature keyword field.


I tested it for myself and must say: it didn't work. :wink:
I have to check this again and post a solution in this thread.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby steviegt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks for adding the Disc Leading Zero option and for everything you do with this script. It's a critical part of MM. Since you did add this option, I'm getting the following 3 errors. I also included a snip of a track (10cc) that's impacted and a track (Aerosmith) where I've selected a tag from the drop down which should change the Disc from "A" to blank (or even 01) because the new selection is for a single disc CD.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiEDaQN0vxCnhIcE1JNz1F-z0-rdKQ
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.16.1836
Windows Home 10.0.15063 64-bit Build 10.0.15063
MS Edge


Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
steviegt
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.47 (Updated: 2017-06-20)

Postby crap_inhuman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

steviegt wrote:Thanks for adding the Disc Leading Zero option and for everything you do with this script. It's a critical part of MM. Since you did add this option, I'm getting the following 3 errors. I also included a snip of a track (10cc) that's impacted and a track (Aerosmith) where I've selected a tag from the drop down which should change the Disc from "A" to blank (or even 01) because the new selection is for a single disc CD.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiEDaQN0vxCnhIcE1JNz1F-z0-rdKQ


Thank you for posting the error. I found the bug and released a new Version!

crap_inhuman wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:
DJSamhein wrote:Not really. What I want is for the track to remain as "Without You I'm Nothing" and the Artist to remain as "Placebo". I want the featurings to simply disappear. I don't actually use that info in my tags.
Maybe add an option next to those feat. options below the album art, so it won't affect other users? And when you have that option enabled, you simply ignore that feat in the artist and title.


Ok, i got it. :)

You can use the "unwanted tag" Option in the mediamonkey -> Options -> Discogs Tagger Options. Enter "feat.,featuring,ft." in the unwanted tag field and delete the entries in the feature keyword field.


I tested it for myself and must say: it didn't work. :wink:
I have to check this again and post a solution in this thread.


I added an Option to ignore the feat. Artist. :wink:

Happy weekend
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.48 (Updated: 2017-06-23)

Postby DJSamhein » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:03 am

Yeah, works great, thanks a lot :)
DJSamhein
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.48 (Updated: 2017-06-23)

Postby TroubleClef » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:38 am

This add on is an incredible resource. Is there a way to have the Artist field in MMA properties populated with artists from the list in the Involved people field? Forgive me if this is a silly question, I'm not an advanced user. Thanks!
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
TroubleClef
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.48 (Updated: 2017-06-23)

Postby crap_inhuman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:29 am

TroubleClef wrote:This add on is an incredible resource. Is there a way to have the Artist field in MMA properties populated with artists from the list in the Involved people field? Forgive me if this is a silly question, I'm not an advanced user. Thanks!


Hi,

i don't forgive you, cause it's not a silly question. :wink:
Please give me one or more examples what you like to do. Which result you wanna see after tagging?

Greetings
Sven
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Need Help with Addons?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], buetthead and 18 guests