Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DJSamhein

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.51 (Updated: 2017-09-15)

Post by DJSamhein »

crap_inhuman wrote:
DJSamhein wrote:If it helps, I'm not having any problems saving album art. Works fine as it used to.
Thank you, this helps. I didn't have problems, too. I'm using Windows 7.
I'm also using windows 7
strevilo

Post by strevilo »

Code: Select all

Windows Script Host 
200 OK 
Content-Type: image/jpeg 
Etag: "957768cc57c9c234b7eba740aab32adb2c29677c" 
Fastly- Debug- Digest: 
202019be73a547f5dbbd6f2875ccb2ab59dbad10a9caed51531e83d6dee7487 
Content-Length: 24132 
X-Served- By: cache-sea1025-SEA, cache-ams4432-AMS 
X-Cache: HIT, MISS 
X-Cache-Hits: 1, 0
X-Timer: S1506008444.285443,VS0,VE151 
Expires: Sat, 18 Sep 2027 21:52:02 GMT 

Windows Script Host 
200 OK 
Cache-Control: max-age=3153360000,public 
Connection: keep-alive 
Date: Thu, 21 sep 2017 17:45:43 GMT 
Via: 1.1 varnish 
Content- Length: 24132 
Expires: sat 18 sep 2027 21:52:02 GMT 
Accept- Ranges: bytes 
ETag: "957768cc57c9c234b7eba740aab32adb2c29677c" 
Server: nginx/1.12.1 
Fastly- Debug- Digest: 
X-Served-By: cache-sea1025-SEA, cache-ams4439-AMS 
X-Cache: HIT, HIT 
X-Cache-Hits: 1, 1
X-Timer: S1506015943.237799,VS0,VE0 

Windows Script Host 
200 OK 
Etag: "957768cc57c9c234b7eba740aab32adb2c29677c" 
Fastly- Debug- Digest: 
Content-Length: 24132 
X-Served- By: cache-sea1025-SEA, cache-ams4432-AMS 
X-Cache: HIT, MISS 
X-Cache-Hits: 1, 0
X-Timer: S1506008444.285443,VS0,VE151 

Windows Script Host 
200 OK 
Cache-Control: max-age=315360000,public 
Connection: keep-alive 
Date: Thu, 21 sep 2017 18:53:21 GMT 
Content- Length: 24132 
Accept- Ranges: bytes 
ETag: "957768cc57c9c234b7eba740aab32adb2c29677c" 
Server: nginx/1.12.1 
Fastly- Debug- Digest: 
X-Served-By: cache-sea1025-SEA, cache-ams4148-AMS 
X-Cache: HIT, HIT 
X-Cache-Hits: 1, 1
X-Timer: S1506020001.276998,VS0,VE0 
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hi strevilo,

thank you for checking the test-scripts. For your MusicBrainz problem i found the solution.. i think. :wink:
Please download the new version 5.52 and try it.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

bj61251 wrote:Yes, I have the newest MediaMonkey (4.1.17) and DiscogsTagger(5.5.1). The error appeared probably a week or two ago, and there was an update today, so I installed the newest version, but it's still doing the same thing.
Could you please run the test script i posted before?
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

DJSamhein wrote:If it helps, I'm not having any problems saving album art. Works fine as it used to. Maybe some MM setting changed from an upgrade or something?

Regarding dates, there are still a few times where dates are shown empty, even though the release has one. Latest example is [r8522428].
Ok, i found the reason of the empty date. Release [r8522428] have no master release. Choosing date option 3 force the script to get the date from the master release. But there is none master, so it use no date for both fields.... :wink:

In the next version of the script, if no master release found, the release date will be set. Is this okay?
Metal up your ass !

DJSamhein

Post by DJSamhein »

crap_inhuman wrote:
DJSamhein wrote:If it helps, I'm not having any problems saving album art. Works fine as it used to. Maybe some MM setting changed from an upgrade or something?

Regarding dates, there are still a few times where dates are shown empty, even though the release has one. Latest example is [r8522428].
Ok, i found the reason of the empty date. Release [r8522428] have no master release. Choosing date option 3 force the script to get the date from the master release. But there is none master, so it use no date for both fields.... :wink:

In the next version of the script, if no master release found, the release date will be set. Is this okay?
Yes, it would be acceptable, but could you place a warning in those cases? I guess just a simple icon or asterisk next to the dates would be enough.
strevilo

Post by strevilo »

crap_inhuman wrote:Hi strevilo,

thank you for checking the test-scripts.
You are more than welcome!
For your MusicBrainz problem i found the solution.. i think. :wink:
I can confirm that indeed you fixed the problem (at least for me). All errors I experienced are gone now. Thanks again for the quick solution.

:thumbsup:
strevilo

Post by strevilo »

I can confirm that indeed you fixed the problem (at least for me). All errors I experienced are gone now. Thanks again for the quick solution.

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

strevilo wrote:

Great ! I'm happy that tagging with MusicBrainz works again !

Thank god it's friday !! :D
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

DJSamhein wrote:
crap_inhuman wrote:

Yes, it would be acceptable, but could you place a warning in those cases? I guess just a simple icon or asterisk next to the dates would be enough.
No problem, i will show a sign / hint!
Metal up your ass !

strevilo

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.52 (Updated: 2017-09-21)

Post by strevilo »

I like to share two other observations for which I hope you can find a quick fix, too:
  • 1) Not all releases are found (allthough existing in the Discogs/Musicbrainz DB)
    2) In case tracks have identical titles for a release the numbering applied to the tracks is incorrect
I just came across an Album again which shows both issues:
https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/4 ... c3107ef8ff
I have the 33 track release with correct titles, track numbers, album and interpret information in the tags. Doing a search @ Discogs returns the one (and only) Vinyl Release in their DB. Searching Musicbrainz returns no results at first. Searching for BossHoss returns some results including the 22 track release of the album in question, but not the 33 track release. Only entering the unique Musicbrainz release ID from the website does return the 33 track release in the script.
There are no special chars involved, the search criteria matches the result 1:1 but nothing found. -- Do you know why? --

Now that I found the correct release with the ID the second issue occurs. Titel of e.g. track 1 on CD 1 and track 6 on CD 2 are identical. The script then returns for both titles track 6 on CD 2 which is quite unfortunate. Everytime a track occurs more than once only the meta data of the "last" track is returned by the script. Is this potentially caused by looping through the tracks?
The only way to circumevent this behavior and still using the script is deleting all title information from all tracks and just have correct track numbers and empty titles. Then the results incl. track and disc numbers returned by the script are correct!

Ideally you can work on both issues but the second one definitely takes priority for me as I experience that behaviour frequently with e.g. Deluxe Editions and similar which have different versions of the same song causing the misalignment of the track numbers.

Again, the tagger is a great tool and I am reporting feedback so you can check if you can further improve the script.
Please let me know if you need any more details or more examples.

Vielen Dank!
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

strevilo wrote:I like to share two other observations for which I hope you can find a quick fix, too:
  • 1) Not all releases are found (allthough existing in the Discogs/Musicbrainz DB)
    2) In case tracks have identical titles for a release the numbering applied to the tracks is incorrect
I just came across an Album again which shows both issues:
https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/4 ... c3107ef8ff
I have the 33 track release with correct titles, track numbers, album and interpret information in the tags. Doing a search @ Discogs returns the one (and only) Vinyl Release in their DB. Searching Musicbrainz returns no results at first. Searching for BossHoss returns some results including the 22 track release of the album in question, but not the 33 track release. Only entering the unique Musicbrainz release ID from the website does return the 33 track release in the script.
There are no special chars involved, the search criteria matches the result 1:1 but nothing found. -- Do you know why? --
If you can't find a release just try "Advanced search" in Discogs Tagger. There you can change the search parameters. I tried "The BossHoss" for artist and "The very best" for album and found the 33 track release.
The search parameters you see after opening the first time "Advanced search" are choosen from the script. Which search words were choosen?
strevilo wrote:Now that I found the correct release with the ID the second issue occurs. Titel of e.g. track 1 on CD 1 and track 6 on CD 2 are identical. The script then returns for both titles track 6 on CD 2 which is quite unfortunate. Everytime a track occurs more than once only the meta data of the "last" track is returned by the script. Is this potentially caused by looping through the tracks?
The only way to circumevent this behavior and still using the script is deleting all title information from all tracks and just have correct track numbers and empty titles. Then the results incl. track and disc numbers returned by the script are correct!

Ideally you can work on both issues but the second one definitely takes priority for me as I experience that behaviour frequently with e.g. Deluxe Editions and similar which have different versions of the same song causing the misalignment of the track numbers.

Again, the tagger is a great tool and I am reporting feedback so you can check if you can further improve the script.
Please let me know if you need any more details or more examples.

Vielen Dank!
Bitte schön. :D

I know this problem, but i can't resolve it. Mediamonkey choose the track numbers and titles. If the titles are identical,it doesn't work. You can change the position of the tracks, you have to write the correct position number in the first column.

Try to change the bold numbers

I programmed Discogs Batch Tagger, too. This tool use only the track numbers for the track position. Give it a try. :wink:
Metal up your ass !

strevilo

Post by strevilo »

If you can't find a release just try "Advanced search" in Discogs Tagger.

Sorry, I have not been explicit. I did use the advanced search
Which search words were choosen?
Artist: BossHoss - (please note my Artist and Album artist tags all have "The BossHoss" but thought the script might auto skip "the")
Album: The Very Best of Greatest Hits (2005–2017) - (as in the tag. To expand possible search results after not getting a single result I removed most of it and just left "The Very Best of")

Now that you found the release I did another thorough check and noticed that I had the "Media Type" filter active. Disabling that filter enabled my finding the 33 track release too :D .
I was now trying to understand what caused my filter to fail my initial search. I did select all! fields in the TYPE filter and still the 33 track release would not appear. What I noticed in the results for the 33 track release was that the FORMAT listed: "Digital Media, Album, Compilation". While I found "Album, Compilation" in the FORMAT filter "Digital Media" was not listed, neither was it in the TYPE filter is used. Is that potentially the root cause? Are the listed FORMAT results a combination of TYPE and FORMAT? So you may want to add "Digital Media" to the TYPE filter.
Try to change the bold numbers

I programmed Discogs Batch Tagger, too. This tool use only the track numbers for the track position. Give it a try. :wink:
I will give both a try and report back.
strevilo

Post by strevilo »

And there is one great and helpful feature available for Musicbrainz search results: The combo dropdown box at the top does include the total track number for each result like this:
(1/2) The BossHoss - The Very Best of Greatest Hits (2005–2017), TrackCount: 33 [Digital Media, Album, Compilation] Germany (2017) / Island

Can you make that feature also available for Discogs results too?? :)
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

strevilo wrote:And there is one great and helpful feature available for Musicbrainz search results: The combo dropdown box at the top does include the total track number for each result like this:
(1/2) The BossHoss - The Very Best of Greatest Hits (2005–2017), TrackCount: 33 [Digital Media, Album, Compilation] Germany (2017) / Island

Can you make that feature also available for Discogs results too?? :)
No, this would absolutely helpful, but discogs didn't give back the total track number in a search result.
Metal up your ass !