Earliest Release Date v4.5.1 (2018-08-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.2.0 (2014-07-17)

Post by MMFrLife »

EUREKA!!

When I originally did it, it was checked by default in view but no panel. I unchecked and restarted and rechecked and no panel.
I deleted the files, shut down, extracted files and inserted manually, checked by default again but no panel.
So, I unchecked it again to try something else, an oddly the panel popped up in upper right.
I went back to view to see what the heck was going on and it was still checked. Apparently, my unchecking it glitched it into working.

Anyway, it's really neat for what it does and I will use it some, but it is still difficult doing what I want.
If possible in the future, I would love to see ability to insert into custom fields. That way I can put just year in Date and cust. format 1978 10 02
in field that will accept it like a custom one without having to go through RegExp Find & Replace to swap and then rearrange to look how I want.

Getting it to look up albums on Wikipedia would be cool, as I tend to find full dates there also. I'm sure that would be a nightmare though,
due to nature of site layout.

Actually, an array of full date only choices of 2 or three sites would be the coolest thing going.........alright, alright, I'll shutup now :lol:

Thanks again for your help! 8)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

MMFrLife wrote: If possible in the future, I would love to see ability to insert into custom fields. That way I can put just year in Date and cust. format 1978 10 02
in field that will accept it like a custom one without having to go through RegExp Find & Replace to swap and then rearrange to look how I want.
I'm not sure I'd add that in the standard version of the script as everyone may have different formats they would want to use and it would be a nightmare to maintain. However it is easy to add your request.

Ensure that the "Include the release Month/Day (if availible)" option is turned off.

Add the following to the earliestdate.vbs code at lines 1219 and 1232

Code: Select all

osonglist.item(i-1).custom1 = newyear & " " & newmonth & " " & newday
Change the value of custom1 to whatever custom field you would like to use (1-5). The whole block of code (lines 1209 - 1240) would then look like this.

Code: Select all

For i = 1 to oSongList.count
		If bUseDateFieldCB Then									'use date field
			If bUseDayMonthCB Then				
				oSongList.item(i-1).year = newyear
				oSongList.item(i-1).month = newmonth
				oSongList.item(i-1).day = newday
			Else
				oSongList.item(i-1).year = newyear
				oSongList.item(i-1).month = 0
				oSongList.item(i-1).day = 0
            oSongList.item(i-1).custom1 = newyear & " " & newmonth & " " & newday
			End If
		Else													'use original date field
			If bUseDayMonthCB Then
				oSongList.item(i-1).originalyear = newyear
				oSongList.item(i-1).originalmonth = newmonth
				oSongList.item(i-1).originalday = newday
			Else
				oSongList.item(i-1).originalyear = newyear
				oSongList.item(i-1).originalmonth = 0
				oSongList.item(i-1).originalday = 0
            oSongList.item(i-1).custom1 = newyear & " " & newmonth & " " & newday
			End If
		End If
		If Not bAlbum Then
			If bUseAlbumNameCB Then
				oSongList.item(i-1).AlbumName = newalbum
			ElseIf bUseOriginalTitleCB Then
				oSongList.item(i-1).OriginalTitle = newalbum
			End If
		End If
	Next
This will update the custom field of your choice to the format yyyy mm dd. Becasue we are working with integers leading zeroes will be dropped so 1978 10 02 will be 1978 10 2. You could add more code to convert to strings and add a leading zero if you require.

Lastly, RegExp Find/Replace will do a much faster job if the dates are already known.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Wow! That's so nice of you to provide all that. Mucho appreciate!! :P

I will look into getting around to that when I can, I have a few other MM related things I want to do for a while first.

....as always, thanks!
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

wxdude wrote: Version 4.2.0.191 - July 17, 2014
- Add option to exclude bracketed text in search
- Add checks for valid JSON, this included a fix to a logic error and increase in wait time for API responses
- Cleaned up the UI a bit more. Buttons now hidden instead of disabled if not applicable
- Force users to Musicbrainz on August 15th, 2014 due to Discogs requirement for oAuth for the database/search endpoint after that date
Hi wxdude,

i just implemented OAuth in the Discogs Tagger Script using php. If you want to add it to your script, just let me know.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
wxdude

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.3.0 (2014-08-08)

Post by wxdude »

Thanks to some help by crap_inhuman and the folks at PHP Classes, as well many searches on the interweb, a new version of the script is available that supports oAuth and the Discogs API.

To use Discogs as a provider of earliest release date data you will need to sign up for an account at Discogs by August 15th and authorize the Earliest Release Date script to use the Discogs API on your behalf.

Just follow the prompts when doing a Discogs search for the earliest release date.
  • Script will ask if you want to login with your Discogs credentials
  • Script will open an IE window and take you to the Discogs login page
  • Enter your credentials and login
  • IE window will present you a window with your two access keys - do not close this window
  • MM will also present a message box with your keys as well. Clicking OK will close the IE window for you
  • Discogs searching will now be enabled
If authorization is not given the script will default to MusicBrainz searches only.

Download details can be found in the first post, or Tools-->Extensions --> Find updates should find the new MMIP file for you.

Whats New....
- Add support for oAuth and the search endpoint for Discogs
- Add checks for artist and track tags
- Changed installation directory constant to {gsf} to work around MM {lsf} bug and portable mode. Script installation to a portable MM installation now work.
- Moved location of MMIP file to a server that supports PHP

If you have any issues with the update please let me know.
wxdude

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.3.1 (2014-08-13)

Post by wxdude »

Discogs has changed the implementation date for the oauth requirement to October 14, 2014. This minor update modifies the script so that users can continue to use Discogs without oauth until that date.

Tools-->extensions-->find updates fails as I made a copy/paste error in the ini file for build 193, so you will have to download and install build 194 manually, if build 193 is already installed. :oops:

As usual link to latest version in the first post.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Just downloaded/installed new version (MMW Extensions reports it as 4.1.3.194) and the Discogs bit does not appear to be working for me and wondering if i had done something wrong.
1) went to discogs and created account. I can log into that page
2) played a song and selected Discogs but MusicBrainz only shows. None of the other options work
3) When i selected Discogs i was not prompted for other information.

Update:Now that was interesting .. about 4 songs after selecting Discogs I did get the popup. I accepted and IE opened, i logged in, I authorized but the Earilest Date said it couldn't communicate. Then 2 songs later it asked again, IE popped up, i authorized, Earliest gave me 2 dialogs with info and after that I get error ..

Error # 13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'ojsonVersion(...)'
File: "C:\Users\Dsig\Appdata\Roaming\Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto\EarliestDate.vbs", Line: 866, Column :8

Oh my
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

Sounds like the update didn't go smoothly. Have you tried restarting MM?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

wxdude wrote:Sounds like the update didn't go smoothly. Have you tried restarting MM?
I think i did but will try that again. While it was playing songs an error box showed up saying:

Error executing script event.
Unspecified error

As this is the only new script added i am *thinking* ...

Will try a reboot of MMW when I can get my daughter off streaming :wink:

Update: after reboot of computer (it needed it) this appears to be working correctly .. so i must have missed restarting MMW after install of script. Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

dtsig wrote:Oh my
OH MY is right. Who knew a simple date change could cause so much grief.

My dyxlesia (or poor sight) is setting in...just double checked and I modifed the code for build 192 to make 194 when I should have been using 193....long story short is 194 has been removed, replaced, and forgotten about, with build 195 taking its place. :oops: :oops: :oops: My apologies to dtsig.

Build 195 includes a fix for cases where the user cancels the Discogs authorization page, and an error occurs due to missing object.

Hopefully I've fixed my lazy error.

Link is on first page as usual.
dtsig

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.3.2 (2014-08-14)

Post by dtsig »

No worries man and thanks for the quick follow-up.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I have updated to newest version, 4.3.2.195, and have had no problems since .. yeah!!
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
MPG

Post by MPG »

Problem registering with Discogs after Earliest Release Date appears to have installed properly
Steps taken:
1) First time Search Selected is clicked after MM is opened
2) Prompted if I want to login with my credentials. click yes
3) Receive the following error message:
Error # -2147024179 -
File: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\EarliestDate.vbs, Line 600, Column: 1
4) I have authorized Earliest Date with discogs Several times and receive the token popup in IE. I believe the token is not registering with MM.

Any suggestions?
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

MPG wrote:Problem registering with Discogs after Earliest Release Date appears to have installed properly
Steps taken:
1) First time Search Selected is clicked after MM is opened
2) Prompted if I want to login with my credentials. click yes
3) Receive the following error message:
Error # -2147024179 -
File: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\EarliestDate.vbs, Line 600, Column: 1
4) I have authorized Earliest Date with discogs Several times and receive the token popup in IE. I believe the token is not registering with MM.

Any suggestions?
Try deleting the EarliestDate access keys in the mediamonkey.ini file (Win 7/8 C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey). Search for EarliestDate in the ini file and the keys should be at the bottom of the EarliestDate block. Keys are named

AccessToken=
AccessTokenSecret=

Delete both lines, save, and restart MM. The script should prompt you to get new access tokens from Discogs.
MPG

Post by MPG »

Thanks,
I ended up just copying the tokens from the popup and put them into the ini file. So, the search is now working.

Onto the next issue.

The search isn't updating the files with the earliest date found. The settings I have selected are:
Search by selected song(s)
Automatically update DB with Earliest Date metadata

Open to suggestions...
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.