Find Missing The 3.2 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

judas

Post by judas »

Glad to see you're using my skin!
Indeed...i have a trixmotoed MM!!!

As for the script...same white screen as before...but no error messagges now. ideas?
[/quote]
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Not off hand, but I'll investigate! :)

What version of MM are you using? How many files do you have selected/visible?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

MM 2.5 Beta 1...5000 files selected.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have tested this script with 5106 files (some which needed fixing) in MM 2.5 Beta 1 and it works. I did have to wait about 15 secs between clicking the confirmation message box and the confirmation table form being fully painted. Try downloading the script from my website as this is exactly as it should be, it's possible some formatting (such as notepad word-wrap) has affected the code in the post.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

did as instructed...downloaded from your page and tried again....still getting that white box!!!

u have the "artist" node selected...and therer are 5800 files. Been waiting for somthin gto come up for 2 minutes but nothing so far...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The problem has been found, and is talked about here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6554.

Here is the new version of this script, fixed for MM2.5 (whilst still working on MM2.4):

Code: Select all

Updated below
Last edited by trixmoto on Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady_Gerbil

Post by Lady_Gerbil »

This script seems like a great idea... how do I run it? I've saved it to the Scripts\Auto folder as a *.vbs file. Closed and restarted MM. Now what?

(Sorry, I'm sure this is obvious, but hopefully if it's obvious someone won't mind pointing it out to me!) :oops:
Bex

Post by Bex »

This script does not go into the Scripts/Auto folder. Move it into the Scripts folder. You also need to add this to the scripts.ini file in the same folder.

Code: Select all

[FindMissingThe]
 FileName=FindMissingThe.vbs
 ProcName=FindMissingThe
 Order=8
 DisplayName=Find Missing The
 Description=Match "Beatles" and "The Beatles"
 Language=VBScript
 ScriptType=0 

But it's much more simplier to click Trixi's signatur and DL the script from his website, since he has been such a nice guy and created an installer, for each and everyone of his scripts, that does all this for you.

While you are there I'm sure you'll find other cool scripts. (Dont forget to click the Support forum link of the script and thank him for his nice work when you find one you like.)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Lady_Gerbil

Post by Lady_Gerbil »

Bex,
As always, thank you for your help. You are always ready to lend assistance, and I greatly appreciate it. Originally I didn't understand the part about the addition to the scripts.ini file, so the installer was helpful and time-saving.

Triximoto,
I visited your website, and I'm so impressed with the amount of work you have put into it! Your collection of scripts is amazing, and having an installer for all of them is GENIUS. Well, genius for all of us lazy and not-so-computer-inclined. Keep up the awesome work!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you so much for your kind words Bex and Lady_Gerbil, it's always nice to hear positive feedback! :D
harpagornis

This script doesn't work with Album Artist

Post by harpagornis »

I tried this script with Album Artist (ie. The Beatles in Beatles, The). Though it didn't work because the tag's won't save.

I know this because I could actually see that it worked!(ie. The Beatles in Beatles, The) But afterwards I noticed the files changed back in The Beatles.
Wouter Janssen
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, there's a bit of a bug with album artist in MM through scripting which I think there's a workaround for but I never applied it to this script. I'll see if I can find what it was and amend it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) is now available from my website. I've replaced the SQL calls with method calls so this script should now be MM3 compatible. I've also tried to ensure that the album artist field is properly updated. :)
some1

Post by some1 »

Thanking you for doing this!
Superfrodo

Post by Superfrodo »

Trixmoto, great script!

I "expanded" the list for also correcting the DJ prefix. Now it adds DJ in front of the artist name if there is one present. This works fine.
Tiësto -> DJ Tiësto
Perhaps not everybody thought about that.

I have one question though:
Why does the script also checks the fields Albumname and Title?
Was this a little bit too much copy-paste from another script, or was this for a reason. I disabled it for me so it doesn't correct these fields and the script runs faster.

Grtz SuperFrodo