Find Missing The 3.2 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it was copied from another script, correct. I left it in because I thought it might be useful for some people. For example "Greatest Hits" and "The Greatest Hits".
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

An MM3 installation package is now available from my website! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
be4con

Post by be4con »

This is supposed to do exactly what I needed but I can't seem to get it to work. When it runs it just lists the changes to be made and then after confirmation the changes aren't made. If I run it again, it brings up exactly the same list of changes to be made. What am I doing wrong?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Assuming all the tracks are in your library, they should definitely be updating. I don't know why they wouldn't be. :-?
be4con

Post by be4con »

My bad, I'd temporarily killed the auto update feature to save on system resources and forgot I had done that. My library wasn't updating.

Thanks.
sommo

Post by sommo »

Thanks for this!
sommo

Re: Find Missing The 3.2 [MM2+3]

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you trixmoto, for this addon!
This is one of the reason why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!
sommo

Post by sommo »

Hey!
Could this be tweak a bit to also do albums?
For example I have
Nickelback - The State
Nickelback - State

Plus could it look for things like '?' '!' at the end of albums?
Reel big fish like to use them
Reel big fish - Cheer Up
Reel big fish - Cheer Up!

Thanks! :D
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It wouldn't be a case of "tweaking" this script, it would be writing a new script using this one as a base. It's certainly possible though.
sommo

Post by sommo »

Well if anyone can do it, it would be you!
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

This may be a dumb question.... but what am I looking for in the confirmation screen? Are the tracks that need fixed supposed to be highlighted in yellow? And if none are highlighted in yellow does that mean that I have no problems?
Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, there should be yellow highlighting. Yes, if you don't have any yellow highlighting that means you don't have any problems, or at least not that this script can find. :)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:Yes, there should be yellow highlighting. Yes, if you don't have any yellow highlighting that means you don't have any problems, or at least not that this script can find. :)
Well that's good to hear. Because I have enough problems elsewhere. :D
Thanks for the prompt reply and all of your great scripts!
--
The gpzbc
MagickRhythm

Post by MagickRhythm »

Nice Script!

Couple of Questions:
1. Everything work fine until the I get to the final review screen. Some of the songs were highlighted in yellow and they should not be...e.g. Gary Numan - Cars, the script wanted to change it to Gary Numan - The Cars. The same thing happened on album titles...e.g. Apocalyptica - Cult, the script wants to change it to Apocalyptica - The Cult (the album name is just Cult). How can I get it to stop doing this.

2. In the future, is it possible to add a check box to allow the user to select which changes are to be made. I have always wanted this option in the Case Checker script (I have add some words to "ignore" but not all of them work...e.g. the script always wants to change the Artist, t.A.T.u. to T.A.T.U. but this is not "right".

Again Thanks!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks! The only way to avoid this happening is to not include tracks by "The Cars" with the track by "Gary Numan", which I understand is not ideal. I will try to add checkboxes in the next version so, then this will not be necessary.