Lyrics Removal Script

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nytiger73

Lyrics Removal Script

Post by nytiger73 »

I have been using Lyricator for my lyrics tagging and it works great. However, I am looking to basically start over from scratch as I started the project of adding lyrics to my 12000+ song library a while back and I never quite finished. I have no idea where I left off, and I have a feeling that some of my songs may actually have only partial lyrics, so I think starting over would be my best bet.

Lyricator does a great job of finding the lyrics, but is there a script that would remove the lyrics as well so I can accomplish what I am looking to do? Or if I scan my files with Lyricator will it replace what's there, or will it append what I have there (which I don't want, I want to start fresh).

Forgive me if I should be posting this in the topic for Lyricator, but I figured this would be my best bet since this isn't a direct question about Lyricator. If needed I'll move the topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
nytiger73

Re: Lyrics Removal Script

Post by nytiger73 »

I dug for quite a while before making the original post. After I posted I did a little more digging and I found the Clean Importer script which should partially do what I want. I think. I'll just need to clear my library and re-import it and then let the script go to work with cleaning out the lyrics. I should then be able to start over from scratch with re-tagging the lyrics on all of my songs. But my original post still stands. Is there a script that will do both?

Hopefully this works.

Thanks.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Trixmoto's 'Clear Field' script will do exactly what you want. Highlight the songs, select 'Clear Field' from the list of your scripts, type in 'Lyrics' (without the apostrophes) and let it do its thing.

You can get it here:

clicky

Scroll down to 'Clear Field'.

:)
Stop Button Freak
lohithbb

Post by lohithbb »

works like a charm
thanks